Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

And, thank you all for the positive comments on the matches. A lot of folks went out of their way to comment on how much they liked the matches. It means a lot, and I will pass that along to the staff. They made it all possible.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While working stages up on the hill I was told by a VERY prominent shooter that the RO's were a very professional yet polite and friendly bunch. Some of the better he had seen. I took that as a huge atta boy for the match staff.

I want to thank everyone involved in making me a part of the big show. :cheers:

Anyone have any video??? I'm curious to see how everyone shot the stages.

Flyin

I have 4 videos below.

I shot some video while ROing the Ohio State Championship Saturday 10/3/09 at stage 5 (Triangle.) One of my friends, Adam Knoles, open div, displaying good footwork while running up range and engaging poppers. Also video of Jerry Mucilek shooting his revolver at the same stage. Another video of another friend Matthew Fuesz also shooting same stage, ltd div. Jeff LaFave is the RO

A 4th video of one of the shooters from the Army team shooting stage 6 (Tri) really fast during Sunday's U.S IPSC Championship. Hunter Booth is the RO.

Edited by Jeff9mmM&P

Gotta say I was really impressed by this match. The change over of the stages from Saturday to Sunday created two completely different matches, and it was done in only a matter of hours. I wish we could have seen a changeover like this at Nationals. The RO's were very professional and knowledgable, both in USPSA rules and IPSC rules. The stages were truly freestyle with several different ways to shoot each. Normally there is one or two ways that stand out as the "best" way to shoot a stage. At this match several of the stages had 4-5 ways that were each good. The shooter could pick which one suited their skills and go with that. The only downside was the three stages in the upper bay created a log jam on Saturday. But this was fixed by the match staff and went very smooth on Sunday.

Flex, you mentioned that we should thank the club and let them know how impressive the match was. Do you have contact info for them?

Flex, you mentioned that we should thank the club and let them know how impressive the match was. Do you have contact info for them?

Yes, please do! B)

president@pcsirange.com, vp@pcsirange.com, secretary@pcsirange.com, treasurer@pcsirange.com, exec@pcsirange.com, director1@pcsirange.com, Director2@pcsirange.com, director5@pcsirange.com, Director4@pcsirange.com, Director6@pcsirange.com

This was the first major match I'd ever been a part of, competitor or otherwise. Jason and Flex are always gracious hosts at the monthly match and they really did a great job putting this whole thing together. I'm just glad they let me help. That grey paint for the walls really gives my jeans a classic 80's look.

Sorry for leaving you hanging on Saturday Sandman... the family is getting better though, thankfully.

Big thanks to BSeevers and Chris Keen for the advice during chrono. What an experience that was for several guys in our squad.

Anyway... I'm planning to paint walls next year. good work guys!

Where's the video of Ben doing the run 'n gun strong hand only on Stage 6?

Luckily, I don't need a video. I was a witness.

Just being a spectator, I enjoyed it very much. Can't wait for next year, as I will be shooting.

Anyone know what Todd Jarret was all fired up about on Sunday? I don't know what stage number it was, but he did end up getting a re-shoot. Just curious as to what happened.

Enjoyed meeting you all.

Where's the video of Ben doing the run 'n gun strong hand only on Stage 6?

Anyone know what Todd Jarret was all fired up about on Sunday? I don't know what stage number it was, but he did end up getting a re-shoot. Just curious as to what happened.

I know nothing, I see nothing

Thanks. :)

That is the picture I was after.

Jason got some nice pics of the matches: http://www.photoshop.com/user/jason_r/?tra...GC&wf=share

Jason said to check back from time to time. He will be adding more pictures from the matches later.

Jason moved the pics to flickr for easier access and he added new ones.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27654806@N03/

An unusual choice for soft cover, but it worked well (at least as far as I saw).

The strips are from an industrial strip door.

Bullets pass through unimpeded. Shooter is able to see enough of the target to call the shot reasonably well.

Strips can be single or, as show here, double layer (fastened to the board that they're hanging from).

I know Conrad has wanted to do this for a while. Tried it at this match and it seemed to work.

post-10207-1255039275_thumb.jpg

This was the first major match I'd ever been a part of, competitor or otherwise. Jason and Flex are always gracious hosts at the monthly match and they really did a great job putting this whole thing together. I'm just glad they let me help. That grey paint for the walls really gives my jeans a classic 80's look.

Sorry for leaving you hanging on Saturday Sandman... the family is getting better though, thankfully.

Big thanks to BSeevers and Chris Keen for the advice during chrono. What an experience that was for several guys in our squad.

Anyway... I'm planning to paint walls next year. good work guys!

All that matters is family dude. Besides, you did not leave me hanging Saturday. It was Saturday AND Sunday! :roflol: Just kiddin' ya'. I remember the advice you got at chrono too. It was something like put more powder in there next batch. :rolleyes:

I'll see you on the range. Take care of that family.

An unusual choice for soft cover, but it worked well (at least as far as I saw).

The strips are from an industrial strip door.

Bullets pass through unimpeded. Shooter is able to see enough of the target to call the shot reasonably well.

Strips can be single or, as show here, double layer (fastened to the board that they're hanging from).

I know Conrad has wanted to do this for a while. Tried it at this match and it seemed to work.

I would not use that stuff again. I saw several bullets that fragmented (including a few of my own) after going through it. It seriously affected some bullets in a negative way. Soft cover should be an impediment to vision not bullet proof.

All that matters is family dude. Besides, you did not leave me hanging Saturday. It was Saturday AND Sunday! :roflol: Just kiddin' ya'. I remember the advice you got at chrono too. It was something like put more powder in there next batch. :rolleyes:

I'll see you on the range. Take care of that family.

"more powder!" seems too simple! HA

OK...so I am trading PM's with a guy about the match. I won't name names...but he is from "that state up north". :ph34r:

Me: Hey, there is a pic of you on the latest link posted in the match thread.

Him: I will have to search this picture out and see if I like it? Can you photoshop it to make me look a little thinner, a little taller and a better shooter????

Me: That's easy...

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

3989071196_6f7becdb5e.jpg

Now that I'm finally recuperated enough. I would like to thank all the staff that helped make this possible. You guys are awesome! I've never seen staff work that hard. The change over was crazy. Using truck headlights because it got dark on us! That's just crazy! I would also like to thank the competitors who came from near and far. I believe the farthest was from Italy. It was a good feeling to see all the ranges at PCSI full of competitors that were having a good time even if they weren't shooting that well. Congratulations to all the winners.

we have a small box of lost and found items. PM me for your lost stuff and I'll see if it's in the box. Jason Conrad

Hey, do you have a "Sako" in your lost and found. I lost him halfway through the match. Oh wait, I forgot. He was on his way to winning the Modified division. :cheers: