Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Grips for SS 1911

soundwave

Hi all,

I will be venturing into the Single Stack division soon and will need to get some new grips. I get pretty sweaty hands when shooting in the summer heat and my current grips (Chip McCormick regulars) just are not going to cut it when it gets hot. I use deck tape on my Prod and Limited Glocks and that works very well for me. Can't really do that effectively on 1911's though.

Mt question: What are some good "grippy" grips for 1911's? What grips do yall use and like for competition?

Thanks!

Check around and see if someone has an old pair of smooth wood grips for your 1911 that they might give you free or sell cheap...then use the deck tape. Also use the tape on the front strap. That will give you time to check things out to see what you really like.

Richard

PS: I really like the Hogue wood grips but there are other wood grips out there as nice or nicer.

I like double diamond wood grips. I have found some with pretty aggressive checkering that I use on my pistols. I bought them from Charlys Surplus Sales in OK. They are only about $20 per pair. I also use adhesive sandpaper on the front strap and put the grips over the ends.

Hurley

Thank you for the ideas everyone. I am trying some vz's diamondbacks for now, who needs skin on there hands anyway? I could always go the grip tape route as I do that with my Glocks. Just want to try something different for the SS.

Thanks! :cheers: