Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best bulk bullet for 38 super

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate that XD, but as a rule (one of mine anyway), the only thing I borrow is information. It's just one of my quirks I guess. I have no problem letting others borrow what they need, I just can't bring myself to borrow. Guess that's my Dad coming out in me.

It seems the consensus is MG 124's, or 115's. I think I'll buy some of both. I have some load data for the 124's, but any suggestions with the 115's?

Rudy Warren makes and sell's Billy bullets, I run them with 6.6 grains of power pistol. Soft shooting and accurate for me, $34 for 500. Unless you run a comp they are worth looking at. 125 grain .357 dia CN nice shooters for my colt.

Edited by Clifford

Rudy Warren makes and sell's Billy bullets, I run them with 6.6 grains of power pistol. Soft shooting and accurate for me, $34 for 500. Unless you run a comp they are worth looking at. 125 grain .357 dia CN nice shooters for my colt.

They'll be shot through a Trubor, so... comp. Thanks for the info anyway. i'll keep them in mind for my .40's

124gr. CMJ's for me. Accuracy and no cavity for something to hang out in and then lock up your pistol. Wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it happen. The MGB, 121 IFP's are awesome too and are tack drivers!

Montana Gold for the above.

Rich

124gr. CMJ's for me. Accuracy and no cavity for something to hang out in and then lock up your pistol. Wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it happen. The MGB, 121 IFP's are awesome too and are tack drivers!

Montana Gold for the above.

Rich

+1 to this. I just got a fresh case of the 124 CMJ, great bullet.

Neal in AZ

For the 115gr. I use 10.7 grs. of N-105. That makes 172PF in my SV.

I kinda thought that was gonna be the choice of powders. I ordered 4 lbs on Monday.

10.5gr of N105 with the MG 115JHP makes between 170 and 175PF out of my guns. I may actually back it off a touch after Nationals. R,