Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The books are stored on your Kindle account. You can register more than one Kindle to an account. Two people can read the same book at the same time.

Cool. Are you able to have a book removed from your account and moved to another, or is the sale price a no-resell license?

I expect that, IF my wife likes it, I will get her one too, and register her Kindle on my account, so we both have access to all the same books.

EZPZ

The books are stored on your Kindle account. You can register more than one Kindle to an account. Two people can read the same book at the same time.

Cool. Are you able to have a book removed from your account and moved to another, or is the sale price a no-resell license?

Looks like a no-resell license to me. Z is on-point with his comments.

Question for those in the know..Thinking about one for my father-in-law. Loves to read, especially newspapers. Can you get newspaper subscriptions i.e NY Times, Wall Street Journal, etc, downloaded to the Kindle?

Thanks

david

Question for those in the know..Thinking about one for my father-in-law. Loves to read, especially newspapers. Can you get newspaper subscriptions i.e NY Times, Wall Street Journal, etc, downloaded to the Kindle?

Thanks

david

Yes, delivered automatically every day.

OK, I have had it for two days now, I can't imagine not having one now. Downloads are easy, and the thing is AWESOME

The Kindle seems like a good way to replace the "buy-read-discard" cycle, but has certain problems as a replacement for one's personal library.

Books are bulky, but you don't have a single item that could render your entire library useless.

I'm toying with the idea --- in part to not have to go through the buy-read-discard cycle with as many books. Seems like it would take ~60 books to recoup the price of the Kindle, at $9.99 for most new releases vs. ~$15 for most new hardcover releases if you shop carefully.....

Newspaper and Magazine delivery could also be cool, especially when traveling or if commuting via public transportation....

My wife has been researching this for some time. While I do not have all the facts that she has, she said that the overall best deal out there is Sony's version. While it boast all the features of the Kindle, the book format is a PDF file. This allows you to down load books for free from a lot of sites including your library sites.

I've now read 4 or 5 books on my IPod using the Kindle app and so far it has been a pleasure. The app was free, the books are usually half price or less (some are free) and I don't mind the smaller screen of the Ipod. I just bought Glen Becks "How to Talk to Idiots" this morning and look forward to my lunch break so I can start reading it.

-ld

I have retired my Kindle. Call me an old Stuck-In-The-Mud (Master in CompSci, 16 years as an Applications Consultant) but I found that I just liked the feel and versatility of paper much better. And I read a lot, 6-12 books a week mostly in airports and on planes, usually paperbacks, often mistreated.