Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 minor

AWLAZS

I have searched over and over for what powders are being used in 9 minor with a 125 lead bullet. I just need a good affordable powder.

Thanks guys

Edited by AWLAZS

4.1 of Titegroup under 124/125 grain (jacketed) at 1.105". PF 132 out of a 4" XD

TG is 'sooty', but always cleaned up well with Simple Green or Hoppe's Elite. It can be smoky with lead, shoot outside only (just my opinion on that).

Edited by FranDoc

I have searched over and over for what powders are being used in 9 minor with a 125 lead bullet. I justt need a good affordable powder.

Thanks guys

In Glock 34

Winchester 231 - 4.3 grains under 125 lead pill.... around 128pf....accurate and light recoil....dirty

Winchester WST - 4.2 grains under 125 lead pill.....around 128pf ....accurate and light recoil...dirty

Universal - 4.5 grains under 125 lead pill.....around 130pf ....accurate and light recoil...clean

I've tried them all.....I have not yet shot anything that is as good as Solo 1000......especially with lead or Moly. WSF also works well with lead and moly.

I have been using SOLO 1000 for .40 major but I have never experimented with it for 9mm. What is your 9mm load data with SOLO 1000?

What are you shopping for?

I checked the local shops out for all the above mentioned powders nothing. Then I noticed I was out of powder I called them all looking for 3n37 hs6 Silhouette nothing.

I did not realize I was on my last can So I am basically done shooting until I can get something shipped in.