Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MP 40 Limited

mshotwell

I'm about ready to order a MP 40. I'm planning on using it for limited only. What do you guy's like, best place to buy.

Magwell

Mag pads

LH holster

Sight

What about guide rods?

Thanks

Magwell - Speed Shooter Specialties

Mag Pads - Arredondo and Taylor Freelance. Arredondo are easier to service. Taylors are a little nicer, machined from aluminum.

LH Holster - I use a Hogue PowerSpeed, modified to work better with the M&P.

Front Sight - Dawson Precision with a red FO rod

Rear Sight - Warren Tactical

Guide Rod - Stock

Grips - Courtesy of a soldering iron

A lot of my parts came from right here, in the classifieds, otherwise, Speed Shooter Specialties is a good source for S&W pieces.

post-8715-1246579035_thumb.jpg

Thanks, I how did you modify the Hogue holster? What about mag holders?

Thanks

Had to hog out the bolt holes on the spacers a bit, so that it held everything firmly, with the trigger area totally covered. I use CR Speed mag holders...

I thought the Arredondo basepads were supposed to be incompatible with magwells due to the way they attached to the mag body? Did you have to trim them to seat fully? Any issues?

I haven't had any issues with it and the magwell.

Cool deal.

And just so I'm helping out a bit in the thread, G&R Tactical and GT Distributors usually have the best price on mags for the M&P's. I've seen as much as $10-15 price difference between retailers on M&P mags, so shop carefully.

I'm about ready to order a MP 40. I'm planning on using it for limited only. What do you guy's like, best place to buy.

Magwell

Mag pads

LH holster

Sight

What about guide rods?

Thanks

I got everything from Speed Shooters Specialties. Ken supports our sport and this forum. He is also doing more with aftermarket parts for the M&P than anyone I am aware of.

I use the Taylor Freelance magwell and base pads. The Arredondo are a little cheaper, but I heard they wouldn't fit the TF magwell.

As far as I know CRSpeed is the only company that makes a true race holster for the M&P platform. I don't have one for my M&P but they are great with the 1911 guns.

I like the Sevigny rear sight with a plain black front.

I like the tungsten guide rod in my 9L. I get my .40 tomorrow, so I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks guys. Do the mags come close to size of anything else?

Just a little skinnier that STI mags.

A CRspeed pouch with a little loop side velcro on the space works like a charm. Kenny at SSS also has little spacers that work great too.

M&P 40s are great limited guns.

A very reloadable 20, I have a 21 start around here somewhere.

Have you tried shortening the legs on the follower? That was something I was going to play with to see if I could get an extra round or two in the mag.

Speed Shooter Specialties has about every thing you need.

I am very impressed with my Burwell Rear sight and the SSS fiber front.

Burwell trigger is another nice thing to have on your gun and the textured grips.

Forgot to mention that Buds has a good deal on the M&P 40 right now.

I also tried the Nevco magwell and base pads. The base pads are great and he is making some now that add a few rounds.

The magwell works pretty good but, my magwell is making the mags stick in the gun like when the old Glock mags would stick and you had to wiggle for a 100% drop.

I just orderd one from Buds, it ended up $457, with CC fees and insurance. I should get it monday or tuesday.

I'm going to place a WTB add in the classifieds, before I order anything.

Thanks for all the post.

You may find that the TF mag extensions will fit tight or not at all with the SSS magwell. The TF extensions from SSS are cut to take care of this. I just hit mine a bit with the belt sander to free them up with the magwell. Drop free now VERY easily.