Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Federal Primers

cliffwalsh

I just got the call from Graf and Sons. They are shipping 6 cases of Fed LPs.

I placed the order 2 months ago.

Get your orders in if you need them.

WOW just in time to pass em out to all your friends when your in IOWA we all know that GAP brass takes small primers :ph34r:

Can't bring'em on the plane. If you want to drive down and pick some up, let me know.

WOW just in time to pass em out to all your friends when your in IOWA we all know that GAP brass takes small primers :ph34r:

Can't bring'em on the plane. If you want to drive down and pick some up, let me know.

$20.00/K?

I had 50,000 Fed small pistol magnum on order, they are allocating all orders... max of 3 cases. Really sucks cuz they are going to ding me several times for HazMat fees which I will in turn have to pass on to the consumer. I guess it's better than not having any though.

I have several on backorder as well, still waiting...........I want to start reloading but don't want to make the investment in all the equipment if it's just going to collect dust because of component shortages.

I have several on backorder as well, still waiting...........I want to start reloading but don't want to make the investment in all the equipment if it's just going to collect dust because of component shortages.

If you spread the cost of the equipment out over a few months until supply is (hopefully) back to normal it's like you wouldn't have spent anything.

A local shop has had Fed's on the shelf for several weeks now. Guess how they keep them in inventory.. go ahead.. take a guess... They charge $4.65 for 100, limit 300 per purchase AND you MUST buy powder or bullets at the same time.

If you spread the cost of the equipment out over a few months until supply is (hopefully) back to normal it's like you wouldn't have spent anything.

I guess I could buy bits and pieces of equipment and spread out it out over some time period. I was thinking of getting a tumbler, media seperator etc. for now so I'll have plenty of clean brass around and when supply frees up, I'll have that step done. However, I need ammo now and ammo costs money too.

I ended up buying a sleeve of LP Magnum primers. They work. Don't know if they up the PF much, but they work.

Beats throwing the bullets at the targets.

:roflol:

I chrono'ed a 9mm load with Federal SP magnum primers and found an increase of 6fps. There was no increase in noise of recoil.

I ended up buying a sleeve of LP Magnum primers. They work. Don't know if they up the PF much, but they work.

Beats throwing the bullets at the targets.

:roflol:

I've shot Fedral LP and LP magnums in my 625 loads because of (lack of) availability. WST powder. Couldn't tell the difference.