Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you wear velcro/speed belts?

EmanP

I got a CR speed belt but was wondering how you use the thing. If I just put on the inner belt and then the other one on top of it, I have this huge bulge of space where the ends over lap and on both sets. I've been thinking that the inner belt needs to be set up so that the outer belt can start where the inner belt ends so that it is flatter but then I'd have the inner belt put on offset to one side of my body. If that makes sense.

So how the hell does this thing wear? I wish it came with instructions.

Edited by EmanP

The overlap on the inner belt goes on my right side under the pants belt loop. The outer belt overlap goes in the back and gets wrapped by the security strap. My holster sits over the overlap of the inner belt and is spaced away from my body just a bit more.

CYa,

Pat

I'll be using it for Production so real estate in the back needs to be used for mags. But it sounds like having big gaps and spaces between the inner and outer belt are common then? I would have thought that things should be more streamlined, flater again the body.

I'll be using it for Production so real estate in the back needs to be used for mags. But it sounds like having big gaps and spaces between the inner and outer belt are common then? I would have thought that things should be more streamlined, flater again the body.

It'll mold to your body. Inner belt tight with overlap in front. Then top belt backwards with overlap going over around left to back. Keeper in middle of back. Some people don't wear keeper. You should be able to get five mags from hip to back and not get near the overlap. You can also get some loop to stick on the inner side of your holster and mag pouches and then they will stick to inner belt, too. Any hardware store should have stick on Velcro-cut it with scissors and stick on-you will be good to go and secure.

I run my holster so the 'loose-end' is about 6-8" behind it. Out of the way in any division. The inner I usually overlap near the front or side. Use the keeper to stop the belt from getting caught and ripped off..

I shoot mostly production and my outerbelt closes in the front. My inner belt closure overlaps on my left hip --- mostly because that's how I like it.....

One of these days I'll play with having the inner belt overlap under the holster....

Inner belt is put on like a regular belt, overlap in the front. For limited and 3 gun the outer belt is overlapped in the back so I can use the front of the belt for holding stuff as more equipment is toward the front especially in 3 gun with the shotshell holders. In singlestack and production the outer belt overlaps in the front same as the inner belt since nothing is placed in the front and more is placed farther around the back

Sounds like there is not way that it's supposed to be but rather what each user prefers. I'll play around with it and see what works for me than.

Thats what I noticed when I first got mine. Got a different answer from everyone I asked. Just tried mine a few different ways and settled in on what worked best for me. There are probably some pretty huge variances in waist sizes on here too.

Take your inner belt to an upholsterer & have him/her duplicate a replacement belt using seat belt web. Adds nothing to you waist size & have the outer belt lap in the small of your back. Best setup I've found.

Cheers, Ando.

I got a CR speed belt but was wondering how you use the thing. If I just put on the inner belt and then the other one on top of it, I have this huge bulge of space where the ends over lap and on both sets. I've been thinking that the inner belt needs to be set up so that the outer belt can start where the inner belt ends so that it is flatter but then I'd have the inner belt put on offset to one side of my body. If that makes sense.

So how the hell does this thing wear? I wish it came with instructions.

This is how I run mine. First set up the outer belt the way you like it w/ holster and pouches. Then put on the outer belt, you will see where the inner belt should line up so the ends butt together. Just make a mental note where this is so you can put the inner on the same every time. Mine ended up starting at my outer hip seam, but end where my buckle usually is. I don't have any weird gaps and everything stays put.

I wear the inner belt just like a regular belt, through the loops, closing in front... in case I need to make a stop at the head.

The outer belt, I close in the back. This gives me plenty of space on the left for my mag pouches, and the holster stays on the right. I use the connector loop in the front in the "buckle" position, so the outer belt aligns right every time.

This distributes the thickness evenly, and the load, and makes for easy on/off when needed.

Yeah.... it took me 2-3 matches to peek at everyone else to see what worked for me. 4 layers in front is crazy...

Jeff