Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

He done done it

Bubber

We don't hear much from thoase Washingtion and Oregon Shooteres,, so I'll let you guys in on the Area 1 Revo finsihes. A little birdie, well ok, more like a small buzzard, tole me James A, Scott S. and Hopalong were throwing it down at the Area 1 this past month. It was hard fought and James A. Took it to ole Hoo and Scott. Out of the field of revo shooters It was James, Hop then Scott and not 5% difference betwixt them.

Hopefully we can use this thread to brag on our friends perfomances.. or therefore lack of, they that are to shy to talk about. Good work guys. :cheers::cheers: later rdd

I never cease to be amazed where Hopalong turns up. And where he doesn't.

Hop must've thought it would be easy pickens out there. I'm glad James showed him otherwise! :D

Edited by Carmoney

I never cease to be amazed where Hopalong turns up. And where he doesn't.

Hop must've thought it would be easy pickens out there. I'm glad James showed him otherwise! :D

+1 on that. I know Area 6 is a lot closer and I haven't seen Sam there in 4 years. Looks like Hop will have to earn a slot to the nationals.

James Austin has really improved in the last 2 years. If he goes to the nationals, I bet he'll finish top 5.

It is true I'm shy, but I would rather have you guys just think I'm an idiot than open my mouth and prove it to you all.

I do want to thank you for the kudos though. Thank you to all my fellow shooters also.

Here's to all. :cheers:

Hopalong was handicaped by the other 4 revo shooters on his squad always asking questions about the best way to shoot the stage. Three of us are friends from Montana and were joking throughout the match about who was going to beat who. I didn't look at anybody else's score from the match but I suspect it may have been something simple that kept Sam out of 1st place. An extra heart beat on swingers with no-shoots attached or the swinging platform or touching the perf on a clam shell no-shooot. Personally I had a miss because the 2nd clam shell was faster than the 1st.

Hopalong was handicaped by the other 4 revo shooters on his squad always asking questions about the best way to shoot the stage. Three of us are friends from Montana and were joking throughout the match about who was going to beat who. I didn't look at anybody else's score from the match but I suspect it may have been something simple that kept Sam out of 1st place. An extra heart beat on swingers with no-shoots attached or the swinging platform or touching the perf on a clam shell no-shooot. Personally I had a miss because the 2nd clam shell was faster than the 1st.

Or is could be that James Austin is a really good shooter.

Of course it is possible that James Austin is a really good shooter and he deserves lots of praise for winning high Revolver. But I was trying to explain some of the difficults Hopalong faced other than the stages and the weather.

It is true I'm shy, but I would rather have you guys just think I'm an idiot than open my mouth and prove it to you all.

I do want to thank you for the kudos though. Thank you to all my fellow shooters also.

I think Cliff has been giving humility lessons to James. :roflol:

Wadda ya mean handicapped,LeRoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was blessed to have us.I had a great time and our squad seemed to enjoy the Montana humor.

Bubba

Or is could be that James Austin is a really good shooter.

James is a Really Good Shooter!! I was keeping an eye on him at the IRC!

John

I think Cliff has been giving humility lessons to James. :roflol:

I tried but it didn't take. The guy is too nice to be a revo shooter.

I had my own bit of fun with the ten revolver shooters at A1.

In my best poker face, I attempted to explain to each of them that

it was a lost brass match, and they'd have to peel their brass off

their moonclips and dump it on the ground.

Well, my best poker face gave me away everytime,

but we they all still had a good laugh over it.

A little birdy sez that the ante will be upped next year for revolver

shooters, in an attempt to get 25 of them in the match.

TimE

I had my own bit of fun with the ten revolver shooters at A1.

In my best poker face, I attempted to explain to each of them that

it was a lost brass match, and they'd have to peel their brass off

their moonclips and dump it on the ground.

Well, my best poker face gave me away everytime,

but we they all still had a good laugh over it.

A little birdy sez that the ante will be upped next year for revolver

shooters, in an attempt to get 25 of them in the match.

TimE

Do tell???

Well,

you gotta understand that we are still coming off the high from this years match,

but looking to improve for next year.

We've identified two goals already - Increase junior attendance and increase

revolver attendance.

One way may be to increase the cash payouts for revolver division.

We've got lots more time to work on prize table, and that helps as well.

Might be able to have some prizes specifically for a division, for instance.

Please note - we are just bouncing ideas around right now.

So - I'll ask, what would increase attendance for the wheel crowd?

Or another way, what would you folks like to see?

Mike McCarter didnt like my idea of 10 stages, 6 rounds per stage :wacko::roflol:

[quote name='Tim Egan' date='Jun 30 2009, 11:34 AM' post= Please note - we are just bouncing ideas around right now.

So - I'll ask, what would increase attendance for the wheel crowd?

Or another way, what would you folks like to see?

Mike McCarter didnt like my idea of 10 stages, 6 rounds per stage :wacko::roflol:

Free Beer

We don't hear much from thoase Washingtion and Oregon Shooteres,, so I'll let you guys in on the Area 1 Revo finsihes. A little birdie, well ok, more like a small buzzard, tole me James A, Scott S. and Hopalong were throwing it down at the Area 1 this past month. It was hard fought and James A. Took it to ole Hoo and Scott. Out of the field of revo shooters It was James, Hop then Scott and not 5% difference betwixt them.

Hopefully we can use this thread to brag on our friends perfomances.. or therefore lack of, they that are to shy to talk about. Good work guys. :cheers::cheers: later rdd

I realize I got here late, but I cannot beieve that anyone who has met Hopalong thinks he might be too shy to talk about himself, his shooting accomplishments, revolvers in general, . . . geez, this could be a Long List :surprise:

:roflol::roflol:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

`Ok,

Officially,

Yep James Kicked my BUTT !!!!

congrats to you James, I wish I could have met and seen you two shoot. <_<

To Carmoney and Cliffypoo.............

I have a small match I'm trying to promoteMEMPHIS CHARITY CHALLENGE I figure if I want others to come shoot my match I need to make a few rounds and shoot with them at their matches (NOVEL IDEA !!!! ) AND,

I get to shoot with all you A-6 guys all the time, was extremely fun shooting with the Westerners.

Oh, and by the way.

James WON a free slot to the Memphis Charity Challenge in the process (BRING OTHERS JAMES)

Hopalong

I shot with James and Scott at a Steel Challenge match in Oregon last year. These guys were amazing. James had a run on Outer Limits that was right around 5 seconds. I was thinking, "Dang, he did that with a revolver!" "I have 10 rounds, what's taking me so long?"

Not to mention, they shot pretty well at IRC this year.

Seiichi

I shot with James and Scott at a Steel Challenge match in Oregon last year. These guys were amazing. James had a run on Outer Limits that was right around 5 seconds. I was thinking, "Dang, he did that with a revolver!" "I have 10 rounds, what's taking me so long?"

Not to mention, they shot pretty well at IRC this year.

Seiichi

wow talk about humble this guy won iron sight won rim fire placed well enough in open to win masters and still tell you guys about my one great pass. thanks Ichty