Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Follower

deadeye204

I have been shooting my M&P9 Pro for about 2 weeks now and for the most part, I am enjoying this gun. So far I have had 2 mag followers break on me.

I have looked all over the next trying to find replacements, either from Smith or aftermarket, but so far I have not been sucessful. Has anyone been able to locate followers for a 9mm?

Thanks!

How in the heck did ya manage to break a mag follower? Got any pics? Curious to see which revision it is and where it broke.

edit: I know for a fact they have had at least one revision, and if memory serves me right they made another one after that for a total of 3 different follower styles. I only have examples of the first two, will have to do some digging around online to verify the existance of version 3. This is what prompted the question about pics to see exactly where it broke and hopefully tell what version you have. All my followers now are the second version, I have one of the first version in the spare parts box.

Ken, is there any way you could post a detailed pic of which followers you have in stock? I'm working here and there on a magazine FAQ over on the M&P site and input on followers would allow me to include that information. Have to find my camera to include pics of version 1&2, just moved so everything is still in boxes.

Edited by kwrangln

OK, managed to find some pics comparing follower revisions #2 and #3.

Pic is from G-manBart here on the board.

IMG_0068.jpg

Second revision has no markings, newest one has a "9" on it and is on the left in the pic. First revision was black.

Edited by kwrangln

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Still curious to hear how the followers broke and see a pic of them.

I'm curious too. I have 12 mags some with the old followers and some with the new. I have never had any break on me. But then again I have never had anything break on mine except the front sight and it was a replacement F/O sight.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just found one of mine broken last night, ordered 5 from SSS immediately. Mine were the "newer" version with the 9 on them. It broke in the front where it rides on the front of the mag tube. If I wasn't so technically challenged, I'd post up a pic. Maybe my wife can.....

This sucks........

ganderman