Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Topton multi-gun/ previous area 8

I hope you all have your wet weather gear ready as the weekend doesn't look too great at this point. We will shoot rain or shine, so please come prepared. Those that do come out will be rewarded with what I think is a pretty good prize table for this size match. As of now no new shooters can be added to the list, and no money will be reimbursed if you cancel since I am posted this list, and it is too late in the game to make changes.

I want to also thank all of you for coming out and supporting the match even though we changed to a level one instead of an area match, but I think you will see that the prizes we have are much better than any area match I have ever seen.

Once we are done shooting the scores will be uploaded from the palms while staff an shooters help clean up. Once all the stages and only once all the stages are cleaned up will the prize table be done, the faster everyone pitches in the better. remember you must be present to take your prize off the table.

Hope to see you all sat morning. Shooters meeting at 8, but you must still register and sign a waiver (plus get your reimbursement if you paid 125 for the match) so try and be there about 7:30.

The prize list was done by taking the total amount of prizes plus cash (about 6700.00 total cash and prizes) and then taking the total number of shooters in each division and figuring out the percentage of shooters out of the total in each division. then doing the same for the prizes. The amount of prizes in each category directly relate to the number of shooters in the division.

Prize List

thanks

dean

Tactical 56 shooters

DPMS Rifle

DPMS Rifle

600 cash

500 cash

Larue rail Certificate

LT 649 cert /48 round lancer/100 cash

200 cash

200 cash

100 safariland gift cert

100 safariland gift cert

100 safariland gift cert

48 rounder/ starline cert

48 rounder/starline cert

48 rounder/30 rounder

48 rounder/30 rounder

48 rounder/30 rounder

50 cash/ 30 rounder

50 cash/ 30 rounder

50 cash/ 30 rounder

50 cash/ 30 rounder

50 cash/ 30 rounder

50 cash/ 30 rounder

25 cash/ 30 rounder

25 cash/ 30 rounder

25 cash/ 30 rounder

25 cash/ 30 rounder

25 cash

25 cash

25 cash

25 cash

30 rounder

30 rounder

30 rounder

30 rounder

30 rounder

Heavy metal optics 2 shooters

100 cash

Starline cert

Open 16 shooters

350 cash

OK dot and cover

LARUE optic cert

150 cash/LT 649 mount cert

2 48 rounders/ 1 30 rounder

1 48 rounder/ 1 30 rounder

FUG Larue cert

1 30 rounder

100 safariland gift cert

100 safariland gift cert

Limited 5 shooters

150 cash

1 48 rounder/1 30 rounder

Larue weapon light mount cert

2 30 rounders

1 30 rounder

I just wanted to thank all the shooters that braved the horrible weather we had yesterday and continued to shoot. I am proud to say that we had zero cancelations because of the weather, and not one shooter that I am aware of gave up and quit. I also wanted to thank all the shooters who helped tear down stages. This saved me another two days or so of clean up. What a dedicated bunch of shooters. We only had a few people who failed to help out and ran out early, they just might not get in next years match. I also wanted to thank my crew and the entire crew from york who came down and helped out in less than fun conditions. I hope that the prize table and the stages made up for the poor weather.

I plan to hold another match next summer so stayed tuned. Next year it may be bigger and better as I already am thinking up some stages and new props. I also plan on running a shotgun only match in fall. It will be 6 or 7 stages of shotgun only. If you are interested keep en eye on this page and the topton web page. Hope eveyone will come back next year.

Thanks again for coming out, I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Dean :cheers:

Dean, thanks to you and whoever else had anything to do with with making this match happen!

Congrats to the class winners, they earned it!

RAIN! ALL DAY! Could not have gotten any more wet unless i dove under water, which i tried to do on stage 7 shooting the low port. Then after the first shot, mud got on my scope and my glasses, and that was all she wrote!

Did i have fun, yup. would i do it again yup!

GREAT prize table! My DPMS 45 rounder crapped out on stage 1 but then i picked up a 48 round Lancer off the prize table.

Cant wait for next year!

Dave Staub

Good match under bad conditions. Appreciate everyone who made it happen. Nice job on the prize table. Have not seen guns and cash prizes at a smaller (but challenging and well run) match in a long time. Best, Nick- :cheers:

Edited by Nick Weidhaas

3gunners are impressively tough... because the weather on saturday was about as bad as it can get for a 3gun match. it poured rain, the mud in several pits was ankle deep and we only had one guy quit. when you looked at the shooters coming off stage 7, they were just head to toe mud. also, thanks to our shooters for helping with tear down.

the staff from york and topton did an excellent job. the palms worked and i was in the stat shack most of the day, where it was dry, so that was a plus too. :roflol:

congratrs on a great match dean.

Thanks for putting on a great match in spite of the weather. Note to self...Hotel room bathtubs are super slippery after you hose down 3 firearms with CLP in them. Due to the number of towels that I destroyed cleaning up after that match, I probably won't be welcomed back.

Dean,

This years "Mud Match" was fun! Good challenges for everyone there. Now there are weird positions to be tried not under the clock, or mud.

Many thanks to the volunteers that worked the match.

And Dean, you're still sick :P

Best Regards

My past 48 hours:

Pick up the Maine crew, drive all night to PA, sleep for an hour, shoot the match, play in the mud and rain.. sleep in Cabela's MASSIVE parking lot.. head back to Maine, drop the guys off and sit down and type this.

Dean.. awesome match. Great stages, fun shooting. The mud and rain was a true test of the gear.

Thanks to ALL THE SPONSORS who donated various goodies.. especially the hats. :roflol:

I look forward to next year already.

Thanks for putting on a great match in spite of the weather. Note to self...Hotel room bathtubs are super slippery after you hose down 3 firearms with CLP in them. Due to the number of towels that I destroyed cleaning up after that match, I probably won't be welcomed back.

Try paper towels next time. We oiled up after the match. No rust next moring, just mud. All my cases/ ange bags are still wet.

mouse port w/ a 16" jp tac comp makes a blind shooter.

Yesterday I stripped my AR and my SG down to clean them and dry them. My Meopta had mud inthe tube in front of the lens. My SG had water in teh recoil spring tube! The recoil tube on my AR was dry inside, but there was significant water in the stock. My clothes are getting the garden hose treatment and maybe a blast with the pressure washer before they go into the machine. and in fact, I just might go to the Laundromat!

There was water and/or mud in just about every place in sg that you could get it, the AR fared better. Interestingly, the Para is clean and there was just a hint of rust around a couple dings or places where the finish is gone such as the dovetail for the frontsight.

Tonight I finish the rest of the gear wash and spray it all down with T-9 or similar until next time.

Mouseports and mud don't mix. one shot and not view at all. All the rest doable, but wet and muddy. All we really need for a match like this to be perfect is a watertruck and a washdown pad. Finish the match and go over and get hosed down to wash off all the mud. Maybe a dip tank of WD?

Dean and crew, do it again and we will be there.

Looking forward to seeing the posted scores. Palm scoring definitely is the wave of the future. If CED could only build a timer that included the StageScore software we'd be in Shooters heaven.

Thanks again guys.

Jim

To all the shooters thanks agin for coming out, the scores will be on the york web site in a day or so. Dave A just sent them to me and he sent them to the web guy, so all he has to do is get them up.

thanks

dean

Yesterday I stripped my AR and my SG down to clean them and dry them. My Meopta had mud inthe tube in front of the lens. My SG had water in teh recoil spring tube! The recoil tube on my AR was dry inside, but there was significant water in the stock. My clothes are getting the garden hose treatment and maybe a blast with the pressure washer before they go into the machine. and in fact, I just might go to the Laundromat!

There was water and/or mud in just about every place in sg that you could get it, the AR fared better. Interestingly, the Para is clean and there was just a hint of rust around a couple dings or places where the finish is gone such as the dovetail for the frontsight.

Tonight I finish the rest of the gear wash and spray it all down with T-9 or similar until next time.

Mouseports and mud don't mix. one shot and not view at all. All the rest doable, but wet and muddy. All we really need for a match like this to be perfect is a watertruck and a washdown pad. Finish the match and go over and get hosed down to wash off all the mud. Maybe a dip tank of WD?

Dean and crew, do it again and we will be there.

Looking forward to seeing the posted scores. Palm scoring definitely is the wave of the future. If CED could only build a timer that included the StageScore software we'd be in Shooters heaven.

Thanks again guys.

Jim

Don't know what you're talking about Jim. Me and my guns got home as clean as when I left.

Great match Dean and crew!!! Thanks.

Al