Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals Ammo

Big Guy

Hey guys. Ray Witham here. If anybody has any questions please feel free to contact me directly.

rayw@americanshooters.com

Thanks.

First off, I want to thank you for the awesome service. Welcome to the forums!

Hey guys. Ray Witham here. If anybody has any questions please feel free to contact me directly.

rayw@americanshooters.com

Thanks.

First off, I want to thank you for the awesome service.

Me. too. It's a very kind gesture on your part to accept these ammo shipments for us. I was sweating the entire thing until you got involved.

And welcome to the forums!

It won't be necessary to email me. My recieving guys in our warehouse have been briefed. Just make sure it is sent attention Ray Witham/US Nationals. It will also be helpful for yourselves to make you package easily identifiable. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the range.

Thanks,

Ray

• 5 weeks later...
Just finished boxing mine up for shipping, 500 rounds of 40, 500 rounds of 9 major. Pretty heavy box. I taped the hell out of it. Thanks again Ray :cheers:

Is the consensus that 300-350 rounds is roughly the minimum round count?

Just finished boxing mine up for shipping, 500 rounds of 40, 500 rounds of 9 major. Pretty heavy box. I taped the hell out of it. Thanks again Ray :cheers:

Last year was 370.

The stages haven't been posted yet but that's a pretty good guess. Depending on the round count I'll probably take 100 of each on the flight also.

I wanted to add a thought about the how to handle the ammo that I need to bring home from the match so here goes: I'll be shooting .40 and from what I hear about 400 rounds of .40 equals the 11 lb rule (don't hold me to this, I'm working from memory here). I'm planning on bring 500 or 600 rounds of ammo and if all goes well I'll come home with 200 to 300 rounds of ammo. Rather then struggling to find a UPS depot to ship the ammo home I'm planning on taking my return ammo with me on the plane. I should definately be under the 11 lb mark (I'll verify this all before I leave to go to the match and know the 11 lb cut-off) for the way home and won't have to worry about shipping via UPS.

Also, I typically use a MTM boxes for my ammo but since I don't want to have to worry about bringing home empty boxes I'll be shipping my ammo in re-used factory boxes. When I empty them at the range the boxes will make their way into a garbage can and I can forget about it...

Just my $0.02.

I wanted to add a thought about the how to handle the ammo that I need to bring home from the match so here goes: I'll be shooting .40 and from what I hear about 400 rounds of .40 equals the 11 lb rule (don't hold me to this, I'm working from memory here). I'm planning on bring 500 or 600 rounds of ammo and if all goes well I'll come home with 200 to 300 rounds of ammo. Rather then struggling to find a UPS depot to ship the ammo home I'm planning on taking my return ammo with me on the plane. I should definately be under the 11 lb mark (I'll verify this all before I leave to go to the match and know the 11 lb cut-off) for the way home and won't have to worry about shipping via UPS.

Also, I typically use a MTM boxes for my ammo but since I don't want to have to worry about bringing home empty boxes I'll be shipping my ammo in re-used factory boxes. When I empty them at the range the boxes will make their way into a garbage can and I can forget about it...

Just my $0.02.

100 rounds of 124 grain 9major w/Dillon box weighed exactly 3 pounds on the Post Office scale. That equals 366 rounds of 9 major to equal 11 pounds. 40 cal will certainlly be heavier.

I wonder what they use at the airport to measure the weight of the ammo? One thing this will work in everyone's favor is that the airport in Las Vegas will be well versed in what is legit and what isn't as far as travlling with ammo and pistols is concerned. By the time the Lim, L10 and Rev shooter's leave town their stuff will probably just get glanced at.

Just my $0.02.

100 rounds of 124 grain 9major w/Dillon box weighed exactly 3 pounds on the Post Office scale. That equals 366 rounds of 9 major to equal 11 pounds. 40 cal will certainlly be heavier.

Hi guys,

Would anyone happen to know the actual power factor of the 124gr 9mm match ammo by Precision Delta? I'd like to practice with a similar PF before I head out to the Nationals.

Thanks in advance,

Raul

Order a sampler pack from PD so you can check it out in your own gun.