Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

St. Joeseph, MO

There isn't crap up there. It's a crappy town!!! However, there are a couple of cool clubs in/around Kansas City (Mill Creek and Bullet Hole come to mind). Too, in Shawnee Mission, KS (just outside KC) is the Hodgdon company HQ. If you want to do a drive, you could go out to the Sierra/Starline plants. The tour is cool.

Rich

tuesday night is kearney $15 uspsa match inside 4 runs minimum, friday night is bullethole $20 uspsa indoor, saturday is higginsville $15 8 stage charity match outdoor, sunday is topeka $20 4 stage match outdoor, pm me for more info

My buddy in KC routinely goes to St. Joe from KC to shoot. I have emailed him for particulars. Hopefully he will respond and I will get back with you by tomorrow. I have not gone, but seems like he goes to some outdoor pistol shooting, shotgun and AR work. Seems like it is associated with a gun shop as well. If you go to KC, then on the Kansas side you have the Bullet Hole, with indoor range. There is also nice Cabelas over by the Kansas Speedway.

If you are looking for something just shooting related in KC then go down on Troost or Paseo after midnight. :roflol:

Well, here is the response from my buddy that goes from KC to St. Joe, just to shoot. So you might check it out, never been myself, but he is always inviting me.

"I go to Total Range for goodies and IDPA. The firearm instructor I work with is Bill Regina. His contact info is at srt-group.com"

Hope this may be of use to you.

http://www.srt-group.com/

http://www.totalrange.com/

Edited by Flint

There isn't crap up there. It's a crappy town!!! However, there are a couple of cool clubs in/around Kansas City (Mill Creek and Bullet Hole come to mind). Too, in Shawnee Mission, KS (just outside KC) is the Hodgdon company HQ. If you want to do a drive, you could go out to the Sierra/Starline plants. The tour is cool.

Rich

The Sierra and Starline plants are in Sedalia about 2 miles from my house. Due to work I spent a day in the Starline plant and really got to see all the processes up close, very cool and super nice folks.

I was raised there. Graduated from Central High. My mom, brother, sister and my moms family all live in St. Joe. There's a BIG reason I live in Florida. St. Joe sucks. The K.C. area may have some stuff going on and there's a lot of hunting oriented outdoor ranges around St. Joe but you're likely to run into Billy Bob with his case of beer and hunting rifle.

[EDIT] I would watch that introduction video on STR's site before I did anything with them. The main instructor sweeps the whole class as he unholsters his gun.

Edited by Bigbadaboom

Gun oriented around ???

Be there next week, looking to waste some time.

Hop

Millcreek match was today (www.milcreekpsc.org)

Bullethole matches every Friday night (www.bhpsc.us)

If you are staying thru next Sunday, Topeka (CCPS) http://www.capitalcitygunclub.com/pistol/ccps.html

Pioneer gun club also has something on Tuesdays and I think They have a Saturday match on 27th -- http://www.pioneergunclub.org/Calendar.htm

None of these are exaclty in the neighborhood... but within easy driving distance.

Hi Hop-

St. Joe is about 20 miles north of me. If you're going to be in the area come by and visit. If you want, I'll take you out to

Mill Creek to sight in or practice. My shop is on the way to Mill Creek. If you need something worked on, we can do that too.

I would enjoy getting to meet you. Let me know when you're coming and I'll see what matches are going on then. Maybe

we could go shoot a match.

All the Best - Warren

The Negro League baseball museum is pretty sweet. It's down the street from Arthur Bryant's too. Definitely a must stop for KC barbecue. Other places include:

- LC's on Blue Parkway

- Oklahoma Joe's (i.e. barbecue in a gas station)

- Gates (just 'cause he's a big wig in KC)

- Smokehouse (although the only one of the branches I liked is on Shawnee Mission Parkway)

- Fiorella's

- Golden Ox (not barbecue but gooooooooood food)

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to add my two cents but looks like everyone got you covered already. lol If you make it to The Bullet Hole on a Friday night look for a long haired guy everyone is cussing at about his long stages and I will shake your hand. lol

Joe W.

Edit: CRAP, just noticed the date. My guess is you have been here and gone already. Sorry I didn't get to meet you, was on a cruise in Alaska. :(

Edited by joecichlid