Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

got my gun back

gregoryd

Recieved my gold team from Eaa today :cheers: It looks great. Note in box says replaced upper half, and test fired. Looks good, and they sent me a free magazine. It took 6 months, but from what I understand that is fast. I will put it all back together next week and let you know how it went.

Any one else get their"s back??

Wow, it's been so long I forgot you had that gun :surprise:

J/K..Good to see you finally got it back...now it's time to put that Limited away and come back to the dark side again!

No Privett!!!! Don't give in! Only pain, anguish and really fast splits lay down the path of the dark side. Stay strong and resist the temptation.

I will get some pictures up soon. No Jordan I work saturdays, that is why you never see me at the matches. Jason you can borrow it anytime, I kind of feel like a drug dealer. First time is free,,then it gets expensive. :roflol: We really miss you around here Diana. Are you thinking of going to area 4 this year.

Only 6 months for a turn around :surprise:

That is insane :wacko:

I guess if my EAA Limited breaks bad enough I will be better off in just throwing it away and buying a new one. :unsure:

Was the turn around because of EAA and their slow shop, or because Tanfoglio didn't know for sure how to fix it?

I will get some pictures up soon. No Jordan I work saturdays, that is why you never see me at the matches. Jason you can borrow it anytime, I kind of feel like a drug dealer. First time is free,,then it gets expensive. :roflol: We really miss you around here Diana. Are you thinking of going to area 4 this year.

Here are the pics. I really miss you guys too! Starting to miss hearing things like, "Vertically Challenged" or "You sure you can reach over that wall to hit those targets?". :roflol:

As of right now, Area 4 is definitely on my calendar. Not 100% I'll be there, but it will be great to shoot with you guys again!

post-12205-1244827948_thumb.jpg

post-12205-1244827956_thumb.jpg

You rock Diana, do you rember the Midget Snickers incident :roflol:

I was never told what the problem was, I had no contact with Eaa after I shipped the gun. I was floored to see it yesterday, to be honest I had forgotten about it. I will have some free time next week, and i will try to shoot it then. To every one else out there waiting,,,,,there is hope :rolleyes:

Here are the pics. I really miss you guys too! Starting to miss hearing things like, "Vertically Challenged" or "You sure you can reach over that wall to hit those targets?". :roflol:

As of right now, Area 4 is definitely on my calendar. Not 100% I'll be there, but it will be great to shoot with you guys again!

interesting they took weight off the comp... I wonder if they sped up turn around now. I have just kept shooting mine because there was no reason to have it sit on a shelf 6 months.

Leo

:roflol: I am computer/camera challanged,( dumb chicken farmer) Had wife take pictures, and send to diana. She is the BOMB with computers. Diana saved my computer more than once when she lived near me.

I noticed the weight removed right away too. I recall one time (I read it somewhere) that one gunsmith said for the Tanfoglio/EAA/CZ design it was better to keep the weight off of the barrel, ie: a heavy comp. Whether this is the reason or not for what they did I don't know. Strangely enough I heard that the Eric model in small frame doesn't appear to have the barrel lug issue. Have to hear from someone overseas who could comment on whether or not this is true, that has one in a small frame.

When I mentioned the "Eric" model I meant the gun model, not Eric G's personal pistol. And I would imagine he would check the gun over, and hand pick and fit specific parts. I could be corrected on this but I believe he re-cuts the kidney bean slot as well, I believe Henning had mentioned that before. The point I was trying to make was that from what I have been told, the small frame version of this gun doesn't appear to have the barrel lug issue. Maybe someone with one could comment on whether or not this is true. Hopefully Tanfoglio gets it sorted out.

When I mentioned the "Eric" model I meant the gun model, not Eric G's personal pistol. And I would imagine he would check the gun over, and hand pick and fit specific parts. I could be corrected on this but I believe he re-cuts the kidney bean slot as well, I believe Henning had mentioned that before. The point I was trying to make was that from what I have been told, the small frame version of this gun doesn't appear to have the barrel lug issue. Maybe someone with one could comment on whether or not this is true. Hopefully Tanfoglio gets it sorted out.

Jody,

I have a small frame in 9mm open and it does not have any issues.

The barrel lugs and the slide fits like a glove! it is not the GOLDTEAM though.

I have a goldteam small frame but no upper parts? On V12,Tanfoglio changed the

hardness of the barrel, slide, FITTING, and took weight off the comp coz part of the comp was dragging on the frame!

I really hope that now the V!2 works.

SB

Got my V12s today!! here are few things I noticed.

UNIT1- top end replaced,compensator milled, barrel lockup has a GAP??

not a lot but there's some in it. compared to my STI 1911,CZ spo1

and small frame Tanfoglio, they are solid lock up and dont move!!

I'll try it at the range and see if this will hold up.

NOTE...there's no note from the factory that its been test fired.

UNIT2- top end has been replaced,compensator has been milled, barrel lockup is better than the UNIT1.

it feels that this barrel between the slide has a solid lock. I'll try it at the range

and see if this will hold up. NOTE..there's no note from factory that its been test fired.

Will keep everyone posted..

My prediction is that UNIT1 will not hold and will have the same barrel pitting problem.

it seems that the KEY is the BARREL FIT will make this V12 gun work.

V12 IS STILL THE SHORT SLIDE!!

Edited by shooterbenedetto

Got my V12s today!! here are few things I noticed.

UNIT1- top end replaced,compensator milled, barrel lockup has a GAP??

not a lot but there's some in it. compared to my STI 1911,CZ spo1

and small frame Tanfoglio, they are solid lock up and dont move!!

I'll try it at the range and see if this will hold up.

NOTE...there's no note from the factory that its been test fired.

UNIT2- top end has been replaced,compensator has been milled, barrel lockup is better than the UNIT1.

it feels that this barrel between the slide has a solid lock. I'll try it at the range

and see if this will hold up. NOTE..there's no note from factory that its been test fired.

Will keep everyone posted..

My prediction is that UNIT1 will not hold and will have the same barrel pitting problem.

it seems that the KEY is the BARREL FIT will make this V12 gun work.

V12 IS STILL THE SHORT SLIDE!!

CRAP!! UNIT2-Just came back from the range and sighted in the gun.

shot 100rds and the lugs are starting to roll again? dont know how long

it will last but it is starting to dent and metal is starting to come up.

you can feel it by running your nail on top of the lugs.

I KNEW IT AS THERE'S A SMALL GAP ON THE BARREL FIT!!

UNIT1- shot 25rounds and no signs of barrel lug rolling?

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Anyone else having problem with this?

Its terrible that you are still having the problem. Its hard to say how many times EAA will come good for this, dealing directly with Tanfoglio might be better. I am still waiting to hear the end results of someone handfitting an oversized barrel and see what the outcome is. I have one barrel handfittled, the lugs peened a bit over time, but seemed to only go so far and stopped. My second gun has a factory Tanfoglio barrel and the lugs peened on it within the first 100 rounds, and it fit actually pretty nice with very little slack in the fit at all. I have an old but brand new Nowlin 6" bull that I am considering setting up in a new slide. I wish you the best of luck, and hope you get this resolved.

I have two large frame V-8's. I have been using one (for the most part) and putting minimal rounds through the other since it was considered a back-up. At something less than 30K rounds, the top end of the primary gun is now completely mangled. Barrel and slide lugs are basically gone and the gun is now blow-back only. Not under warranty since I bought the gun second hand (very low round count though). Secondary gun is now in service and I'm keeping my eye on it. After the provincials I'm thinking I'll get a little tig put on the back of the hood and see if I can eliminate any small amount of end lash there. Maybe it will help; maybe it won't.

I've ordered a new top end, but if Eric has a trick for fitting these things, I'd sure like to know what it is. I won't be able to afford a new top end every year.

I have two large frame V-8's. I have been using one (for the most part) and putting minimal rounds through the other since it was considered a back-up. At something less than 30K rounds, the top end of the primary gun is now completely mangled. Barrel and slide lugs are basically gone and the gun is now blow-back only. Not under warranty since I bought the gun second hand (very low round count though). Secondary gun is now in service and I'm keeping my eye on it. After the provincials I'm thinking I'll get a little tig put on the back of the hood and see if I can eliminate any small amount of end lash there. Maybe it will help; maybe it won't.

I've ordered a new top end, but if Eric has a trick for fitting these things, I'd sure like to know what it is. I won't be able to afford a new top end every year.

Elliot,

I believe the problem on this model guns are that the lugs inside the slide are very thin, compared

to my CZ and P9. Another problem is that barrel fitting is very critical also. It must be PRECISE.

Timing fitting on the barrel's lower portion (slide stop hole) must also be precise. If these are corrected,

and CUSTOM fitted. The guns will work.

Thanks for chiming in.

EB

If it were me I would order a separate slide and barrel (ie. oversized) and send both to Rich at Canyon Creek and get him to fit them up using one of Henning's custom slide stops. It should give you a really tight lockup.

If it were me I would order a separate slide and barrel (ie. oversized) and send both to Rich at Canyon Creek and get him to fit them up using one of Henning's custom slide stops. It should give you a really tight lockup.

Except/ lightened slide is too thin inside where the barrel lug sits?

I think the regular EAA slide had more meat! and yes! +1000 for Canyon creek.

CUSTOM FITTING IS THE KEY!!

SB

Edited by shooterbenedetto