Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock RTF Frame

poke_53

I only handled one, didn't shoot it. It didn't feel as secure as new Tru Grip, but was better than old Tru Grip that had lost a bit of abrasive and hadn't been scrubbed clean of skin (I am missing part of my palm print due to dryfiring).

One thing I noticed with mine is how good the trigger is. I think maybe since its a new mold that the tolerances are still tight and maybe the frame is a bit stiffer. But the trigger is the best trigger of any glock I have ever felt. I really like the RTF. I'll be tickled when its legal for Production use.

Mine is a G22. I put a Lone Wolf 357 Sig conversion barrel in it since I have unlimited supply of 357 Sig ammo and attended a 1000 round pistol class with Ken Hackathorn. The RTF made it very easy to keep a secure grip with the harsh recoiling caliber. 1000 rounds in two days was quite brutal on my joints but I never lost grip of it. The regular frame has the tendency to walk in your hand during bill drills and long firing strings.

I got an 22RTF about three weeks ago. Got about 200 rounds though it. I like it the gun does not move in my hand, now I need sights, holster and some a few more mags. It may become my limited gun for rest of the year.

Just got my Rough Trade Finish G17. Most excellent. Now I have both the G22 and the G17. Neither are different from my other G17 and G22 except for the grip. Excellent grip-like the best stippling job ever, only better. I think if you are not used to shooting a lot of rounds daily or two- three times weekly, or don't have callouses it might feel a little harsh. In south Georgia humidity, these are it. I'm sure these will be legal for Production at some point. The G22 frame I'll use for my G35 or keep in the bag as a backup. Excellent guns.

The G22 RTF2 that I handled a few days ago was sticky as could be. Compared to my G35 3rd Gen it felt like holding some 80 grit in my hand. Now the local LE shop needs to get some G17 RTF2's in stock....

• 3 weeks later...
One thing I noticed with mine is how good the trigger is. I think maybe since its a new mold that the tolerances are still tight and maybe the frame is a bit stiffer. But the trigger is the best trigger of any glock I have ever felt.

According to the company, the difference is in the trigger bar itself. The newer ones are reinforced and stiffer.

I think the grip is a tad smaller too. Like there's decreased wall thickness in the frontstrap.

Agree. That's what was pointed out to me by the clerk in my hands-on, side-by-side with a Gen. 3.

Have the RTF now, and it's been years since my last GLock, LOL.

I bought a Glock 17 RTF yesterday for some future Productions shooting. I might not have done so, if I'd known it wasn't legal in production yet. I think the grip is WAY better than the older models.

It made it on the approved list about two or three weeks ago. You are good to go now. The 17 and 22 RTF are listed.

The new mold is definitely tighter. I was working on one of the new 22RTF guns at the GSSF match we were hosting. Chris Edwards told me whenever they start using a new mold the tolerances are as tight as they are ever gonna be. They didn't change the specs, the mold just hasn't gotten sloppy yet.

Havent' shot an RTF yet but got to handle one at the store.

I could definitely feel the "bite" of the individual nubs, but collectively I didn't feel like it made much overall improvement in the security of the grip. It almost seemed to me that they should have increased the density of the texture... i.e. more nubs per square inch.

• 2 weeks later...
Havent' shot an RTF yet but got to handle one at the store.

I could definitely feel the "bite" of the individual nubs, but collectively I didn't feel like it made much overall improvement in the security of the grip. It almost seemed to me that they should have increased the density of the texture... i.e. more nubs per square inch.

I thought the same. I also thought the nubs felt thin enough they might wear off over the years.

Isn't this kind of a throw back to the 1st gen Glock?

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=911711

In what way? It sure doesn't look or feel anything like my first gen gun.

The first gen gun feels like butter in my hand its so slick. The RTF actually stays put under recoil of 357sig.

I am not saying it isn't a better grip but, take a way the finger grips, the light rail and put the ruff texture finish all the way around and it don't look SO different. I shoot a custom 34 and really don't need the RTF to shoot well. :cheers: