Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian Hi-Cap....

msshooter

I just bought a limited Caspian hi-cap from another BE member and was wondering something. Is the Caspian Hi-Cap a propriatary product or does any other parts interchange with it? Top end looks to be standard 1911 but the frame behind the trigger widens out to make the hi-cap part.

What parts are propriatary and what parts aren't???? :unsure: Any comments would be appreciated.

Caspian does as well. I may be wrong (have been 1,000 times before) but Shooters Connection or Dawson Precision MAY sell Caspian parts as well.

Edited by jasmap

Caspian does as well. I may be wrong (have been 1,000 times before) but Shooters Connection or Dawson Precision MAY sell Caspian parts as well.

Thanks jasmap! Just wondering, I'm new to Caspian and the limited game. I've been shooting production for the past 1.5 years since I started IPSC shooting. :cheers:

Also, how many rounds are folks getting in their Caspian hi-cap mags? I know they come in 18 round .40, but some ingenious person out their is bound to have pushed it to get more huh? Are they propriatary too, or will s_i mags work?

And I assume that all race holsters that fit s_i guns will fit this?

Edited by msshooter

To increase the mag capacity to 20 rds, contact either Henning or Beven Grams. The Grams follower and Spring for the Tanfoglio magazines will increase the capacity to 20rds.

EGW also makes the mag wells for the Caspian Hi-cap.

Some are reporting 21 rounds but it takes some work. 20 should be obtainable with just springs and followers...... but you will need a loading device for the last few rounds, those suckers are hard on your thumbs (more than most other mags).

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...hl=caspian+mags

Great thread, thanks for the info. I called myself searching for this stuff, I guess I need practice on that also. :roflol:

To increase the mag capacity to 20 rds, contact either Henning or Beven Grams. The Grams follower and Spring for the Tanfoglio magazines will increase the capacity to 20rds.

EGW also makes the mag wells for the Caspian Hi-cap.

Thanks Alan, it already has the mag well. Love it!

My Caspian .40 mags (built by Jim Anglin -- he's "jjanglin" here on the Forum) hold 20 rounds. I find the UPLULA mag loader very helpful. Seating a full mag with one round in the chamber requires some extra 'oomph'; OK on (LA)MR, but any mags that I have on the belt for reloading during a stage contain only 18-19 rounds.

The Blade-Tech DOH for a government 1911 works well. I've not tried any of the race holsters, but look at Travis Tomasie on the cover of one of the recent Front Sight magazines. He shoots a Caspian and uses a race-type holster.

In looking for gear that fits a Caspian gun/holster, ask other Caspian users before buying. The frame and mags are shaped different enough from other 'brands' that there is not a universal fit. Even holsters and mag pouches that say they fit Caspian may require some amount of modification before that fit is solid and secure. I've had people tell me that 'X' piece of gear will fit Tanfoglio and Para, therefore it will fit Caspian ... and it does not fit, at least not 'right out of the box'.

Parts: Caspian Arms is a Forum dealer. Jim Anglin in Omaha reconstructed my gun and built the mags. The other recommendation is Evolution Gun Works (EGW) in Pennsylvania.

My Caspian .40 mags (built by Jim Anglin -- he's "jjanglin" here on the Forum) hold 20 rounds. I find the UPLULA mag loader very helpful. Seating a full mag with one round in the chamber requires some extra 'oomph'; OK on (LA)MR, but any mags that I have on the belt for reloading during a stage contain only 18-19 rounds.

The Blade-Tech DOH for a government 1911 works well. I've not tried any of the race holsters, but look at Travis Tomasie on the cover of one of the recent Front Sight magazines. He shoots a Caspian and uses a race-type holster.

In looking for gear that fits a Caspian gun/holster, ask other Caspian users before buying. The frame and mags are shaped different enough from other 'brands' that there is not a universal fit. Even holsters and mag pouches that say they fit Caspian may require some amount of modification before that fit is solid and secure. I've had people tell me that 'X' piece of gear will fit Tanfoglio and Para, therefore it will fit Caspian ... and it does not fit, at least not 'right out of the box'.

Parts: Caspian Arms is a Forum dealer. Jim Anglin in Omaha reconstructed my gun and built the mags. The other recommendation is Evolution Gun Works (EGW) in Pennsylvania.

Thanks FranDoc, lots of useful info. Jim Anglin is who built the gun. Don't know about the 5 mags I got with it? I like the newer race holsters...ie..ghost..limcat stealth...etc.. but not sure if any of those will work with the Caspian? Anyone have any experiance with these?

Thanks FranDoc, lots of useful info. Jim Anglin is who built the gun. Don't know about the 5 mags I got with it? I like the newer race holsters...ie..ghost..limcat stealth...etc.. but not sure if any of those will work with the Caspian? Anyone have any experiance with these?

Any that fit a 1911 trigger guard should work with the Caspian, the only difference is the squared trigger guard vs the round trigger that is the standard for most 1911's. The front and bottom dimensions should be the same regardless of whether it is a round vs squared trigger guard.

race holsters that I know will work the the caspian are the cr speed, and the old pinned ghost.

I've seen a few race holsters that claim to work with a standard 1911 trigger guard allow the gun to rotate backwards.

I use the safariland 771 mag pouches marked STI/Para, for my caspian mags, I just snug the tension screws down some.

:rolleyes:

Frank Garcia sells a race type holster that works with the Caspian high cap, if the gun you bought is the one Im

thinkin it is I made some of the mags out of TZ mags tubes, I was making these mags before

Caspian came out with the new ones, I like to use the TZ mags I get them from EAA, they are made

by the same folks who make Caspian tubes, and the base pads from Caspian will work just fine.

I dont recommend stuffing that extra round in these mags, Ive found over time that doing so

will cause the "V" notch to swell out and eventually you will start to have nose dives.

Ya have to keep that second round over under the top round so they will feed like they are

supposed too.

Jim/Pa

Sailors :devil::D

CR Speed also works with my Open Caspian.

The CR mag holders work too, but there is so much difference in the outside dimensions of the magazines that some are loose and some are tighter in the CR mag holders.

And we are talking accumulating a lot of mags over the years.

The issue is no ones fault.

FM

:rolleyes:

Frank Garcia sells a race type holster that works with the Caspian high cap, if the gun you bought is the one Im

thinkin it is I made some of the mags out of TZ mags tubes, I was making these mags before

Caspian came out with the new ones, I like to use the TZ mags I get them from EAA, they are made

by the same folks who make Caspian tubes, and the base pads from Caspian will work just fine.

I dont recommend stuffing that extra round in these mags, Ive found over time that doing so

will cause the "V" notch to swell out and eventually you will start to have nose dives.

Ya have to keep that second round over under the top round so they will feed like they are

supposed too.

Jim/Pa

Sailors :devil::D

Jim, this is the gun:

post-16769-1244051178_thumb.jpg

Not sure about the E in the trigger? Anyone know of this trademark? Maybe just blank that has been lightened with creativity?