Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Memphis Charity Challenge

2009 Memphis Charity Challenge

October 30, 31, November 1, 2009

More Information: http://www.memphis-ssa.com/mcc/mcc.htm

Introducing the “Memphis Charity Challenge”. A USPSA sanctioned handgun match featuring REVOLVERS only. Other types of USPSA approved handguns will be allowed, but only revolvers will be recognized at the prize table. The “Memphis Charity Challenge” is hosted by the Memphis Sport Shooting Assn in cooperation with the Action Pistol, Cowboy Action, and Shotgun Sports Shooters.

The “Memphis Charity Challenge” will benefit the St. Jude Children’ Hospital. All proceeds from the match will go directly to St. Jude/(after match production costs).

The match will consist of 10 challenging and entertaining stages of fire shot in three (3) days for range officers, staff, sponsors, vendors and special situations. October 31 and November 1 for the regular match days.

This will be a prize table match for trophies: 1st----Three or more shooters in class. 2nd---5 or more shooters in class. 3rd----8 or more shooters in class. 4th---12 or more shooters in class. 5th----16 or more shooters in class.

We (MSSA) invite you to come shoot with us. If you don’t normally shoot a revolver in USPSA you are the one we really would like to have. Yes the best of the best will also be there supporting St. Jude. We encourage you to come bump elbows with others like you, and the best of the best. The match is USPSA sanctioned (pending) and you will need to be a USPSA member to participate

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a way to recognize the "speedloader guys/gals" get enough of them and we'll do something more. ;)

Come have fun !!!!

The "challenge" is for you non revolver shooters to beg, borrow or buy a revolver and come shoot a major uspsa match and bump elbows with some of USPSAs best revolver shooters and Best Auto shooters that sometimes shoot a revolvers and maybe even some National Champion autoshooters that don't normally shoot one, but have already accepted the "Challenge" :cheers:

Hop

Any questions, please ask.

sounded like a good reason to visit memphis again, but can't justify a revo right now.

Hey, you can shoot the auto that you have from what Hopalog posted earlier. You will just likely be in the minority of shooters as far as the equipment that you use. Come on out and play. :D

To help clarify things,

Yes, you can shoot your autoloader. <_<

No, you will not get a trophy, or hit the prize table. :unsure:

Yes, ALL of your entry fee will go to St. Jude Childrens research Hospital if you shoot an autoloader. :cheers:

Hopalong

• 2 weeks later...

Stages have been decided on, Thanks to all who sent something in.

One stage has the opportunity to choose your run, up to three runs (all steel too) ;) so round count is going to be more than the minimun.

we will have 10 stages, with a minimum of 210 rounds (that is an average of 21 rounds per stage) but I strongly suggest to bring at least 350 just to be safe.

We will also be chronoing so no WHIMPY loads (unless shooting minor and declaring it)

We will most likely NOT publish the stages, but if enough of you send an extra 100 bucks to me I'll post a few. :surprise::surprise::roflol::roflol:

Oh, and Gary Stevens is the Range Master (and actually shooting a Revolver instead of his SSTK) :)

We'll be using Palm scoring (have been at this range for 3 years now) so things will go really fast and SMOOTH !!! :cheers:

Got some good range officers lined up, and good chow for Saturday lunch (Jr. shooting team will be cooking for you)

Now, just got to get the "other" stuff done.

oh and anyone wanting to donate for the prize table, please contact me. e-mail: hopalongmd@yahoo.com

IF, you are not able to attend. Just drop a small amount of $$$ for the Charity part of the match Please. :wub:

Hop

If I had the moonclip carriers and knew how to do the reloads. I could try out my Apex 610.

How far are you from,

Houngan, Airedale, Glockopop, and pinger ???

Contact them through these forums, they'll set you straight.

Moonclip holders ???

Bob Perdue (North Mountain, What many of us use) or Elliot Ayeson, Speedy Rack (What Jerry and many others use)

Bob is a member here on these forums (slflr), I have Elliots Phone number if you want it just PM me.

Now, you have 3 months to get ready. ;)

Hopalong

If I had the moonclip carriers and knew how to do the reloads. I could try out my Apex 610.

How far are you from,

Moonclip holders ???

Bob Perdue (North Mountain, What many of us use) or Elliot Ayeson, Speedy Rack (What Jerry and many others use)

Bob is a member here on these forums (slflr), I have Elliots Phone number if you want it just PM me.

Hopalong

Sam, I am not familiar with the guys you mentioned. I'll check and see how the dates fit into my work schedule and go from there. It would be interesting to give the revolver a try. So far the only competition I have tried using the revolver has been a couple steel matches with my Apex 627.

How far are you from,

Moonclip holders ???

Hopalong

Sam, I am not familiar with the guys you mentioned. I'll check and see how the dates fit into my work schedule and go from there. It would be interesting to give the revolver a try. So far the only competition I have tried using the revolver has been a couple steel matches with my Apex 627.

Hmm, I might be able to make something happen here. Are you in the Henderson that has the BBQ festival this weekend?

H.

How far are you from,

Moonclip holders ???

Hopalong

Hmm, I might be able to make something happen here. Are you in the Henderson that has the BBQ festival this weekend?

H.

I am in Henderson right across the river from Evansville, IN. the club that I belong to is the Owensboro Rifleand Pistol Club. The club's range is located in Lewisport, KY just outside of Owensboro. And yes, the W.C. Handy Blues & Barbecue Festival starts this weekend I think.

Edited by staudacher

Good deal, I'll get you eight moonclip holders. If I don't go to the festival (up in the air right now, my back is wrecked) then I'll get them to you from the Owensboro guys. I'm sure we know some of the same people.

You're welcome to them through the match, if you want to keep them permanently, we'll work something out. Otherwise just ship them back to me afterwards.

H.

Good deal, I'll get you eight moonclip holders. If I don't go to the festival (up in the air right now, my back is wrecked) then I'll get them to you from the Owensboro guys. I'm sure we know some of the same people.

You're welcome to them through the match, if you want to keep them permanently, we'll work something out. Otherwise just ship them back to me afterwards.

H.

Thanks!

You are going to the Area 5 match correct?? I'll be up there Friday and will head back home on Monday. Maybe I'll see you there.

H.

Thanks!

You are going to the Area 5 match correct?? I'll be up there Friday and will head back home on Monday. Maybe I'll see you there.

I'll be there, shooting Saturday on Squad 28, straw hat in force. I'll throw the holders in my range bag, just come on up and say howdy.

Matt Griffin

H.

Thanks!

I'll be there, shooting Saturday on Squad 28, straw hat in force. I'll throw the holders in my range bag, just come on up and say howdy.

Matt Griffin

Will do...thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hey Everyone, just wanted to provide an update.....

.....we will be using online squadding for the match and expect to have that available later this week.

And for future reference - if anybody has any registration/squadding questions or just cannot reach Sam (since he travels so much and thus I will chase him down), you can contact me:

Brad Griffin

brad.griffin@gmail.com

615-415-0099