Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 92

Chuck D

Curosity...

Anyone still use the Beretta 92 or 90-Two platform in PD ?

If so...who slicks up the trigger for you?

Thanks for the info.... B)

His Holiness Ben Stoeger at benstoeger.com is a GM in production and has finished as well as 5th in the Nats in PD shooting a 92 Elite. He is a Beretta guy.

I used to shoot one, but I'm not as exciting to watch, I don't have a website, I'm a B class shooter, etc.

Dave Olhasso who used to shoot a Beretta then went to an XD then an MP has a website where he offers action jobs.

I have done several of my own. It is a very easy thing to do and is described pretty well on Berettaforums.com

I use a 92G Elite II.

I do my own trigger work.

I even recently made production-Master with it.

I keep saying I'll switch platforms when it's the gun holding me back and not my abilities with the gun...... haven't switched yet.

I do not believe the "90-two" is on the approved production-gun list.

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/production_list.php

-rvb

I use a 92G Elite II.

I do my own trigger work.

I even recently made production-Master with it.

I keep saying I'll switch platforms when it's the gun holding me back and not my abilities with the gun...... haven't switched yet.

I do not believe the "90-two" is on the approved production-gun list.

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/production_list.php

-rvb

Thanks for the tip on the 90-Two.

That would have been an expensive mistake. :wacko:

Curosity...

His Holiness Ben Stoeger at benstoeger.com is a GM in production and has finished as well as 5th in the Nats in PD shooting a 92 Elite. He is a Beretta guy.

I used to shoot one, but I'm not as exciting to watch, I don't have a website, I'm a B class shooter, etc.

Dave Olhasso who used to shoot a Beretta then went to an XD then an MP has a website where he offers action jobs.

I have done several of my own. It is a very easy thing to do and is described pretty well on Berettaforums.com

Just for the record Ben got 3rd place in the Production nationals last year with that goofy Italian pistol

Hey my bad and my apologies to Ben.

3rd is kick ass, and it doesn't matter what you do it with at that level, that is smokin.

In addition to being a very accomplished shooter, I think his website has some excellent training tips.

I have downloaded his drills and use them for practice.

The Beretta is a super cool gun, and very reliable.

I shoot 1911s these days, but I still love the M9/92 and still have one in the safe

Curosity...

Just for the record Ben got 3rd place in the Production nationals last year with that goofy Italian pistol

• 5 weeks later...

I shot my Ernie Langdon Elite II in IDPA for 3 years, made Master with it. I broke a trigger spring in a match in California but still finished the stage by re-setting the trigger manually. The wolff trigger spring is an easy mod and eliminates this problem.

I still really like them and take a pay cut if the G would issue me one istead of this damn DAK.

• 2 weeks later...
Curosity...

Same here, I also bumped up to B with mine

Olhasso did a great job on one of my Elites but I'm considering working on the second on my own.

I'm using a Brigadier. It's not what I'd recommend if you are going to buy a gun for production, but I had it for years before discovering USPSA. Plus, I carry a Beretta when I play Army, so it makes sense for me.

I am looking for a different gun for production, but that's more of a case of wanting to add a gun to the collection than it is a reflection on Beretta.

I use a D spring and polished the sear/hammer/trigger bar. The D spring made a big difference, but I could go further with the polishing, I think. I once tried to buy a cheap hammer and sear off a forum so I could try to give it a real trigger job, but the deal fell through and I sort of forgot about it. I don't want to tinker any further without having a backup hammer and sear, lest I screw up.

I do wish I could reach the mag release button without shifting my grip. (I know shooters much faster than me have to flip, too, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice not to have to.) That reminds me -- I need to see if it's legal to dremel a little groove on the grip to make it easier to hit the release (as shown in Brian's book, I think.)

Cylinder and Slide have some nifty looking hammers and sears, but I can't justify spending that much.

http://www.redstararms.com/index.htm?c69.htm&1

I use one, but I am a nobody. It is reliable and I shoot it better than a Glock. At matches I get comments like: "not bad for a Beretta". Not sure what to make of this except that I must have done well on that stage.

LeoZhino wrote:

I do wish I could reach the mag release button without shifting my grip.

The mag release button on the 92's/96's is ambidextrous. For me, it usually takes 3 or 4 tries to get it back in, but I do finally get it swapped around. If you look at the mags, there are notches on both sides that can engage the MRB from either side.

I am a rightey, so now I just hit the MRB with my right middle finger, right before I bring the gun in to complete the rest of the reload. I also think it gives the mag more time to drop out of the gun.

(I might just go back to the 1911 very soon, so it would be nice to get one of those Mitchell right side MRB's).

As far as trigger work goes, I have a "D" spring in one frame. In another frame, I cut down a 1911 main spring just a wee bit too much, but it works also. Every now and then I will have to squeeze the trigger twice to get the gun to go off.

I haven't done any "fluff and buff" to any of the trigger/fire control parts. That "D" spring made a world of difference!