Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RO Class scheduled June 27-28, 2009

kgunz11

If it's going to add an hour and a half to the drive time, then I think it will be better to do the one training stage locally. We will be a little more organized and hopefully focused on the training part, not shooting a match. I thought the match was at the local club when I was originally approached with the idea. I can make it work, and I won't rush anybody for the sake of a match, but doing one training stage will be better, in the long run, than doing a generic stage at the match. The other thing to consider is that if the class runs long on Saturday, we'll have to finish up the classroom material Sunday morning and then shoot. I'm usually done before 1100 on Sunday, giving the students (and myself) time to get home at a decent hour.

While I hate to take away competitors from a local match, it's more important to successfully complete the class, and the practical (shooting) portion is half the class. I strongly suggest we do it locally.

Troy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All,

For the classroom portion of the class I have secured a Audio Visual Conference room here at the W.C. Bradley Co. Corporate HQ in downtown Columbus, GA (1023 Front Ave www.wcbradley.com) for all day the 27th, and 8am to Noon on the 28th. It is in the historic district, on the river. It can handle 120 people, tables and chairs will be setup for us. We have a rear projection screen, with a computer to run a Powerpoint presentation on with remote control. Good air conditions and easy access to restrooms, and ice machine (we can bring in a cooler of sodas). There are some Motels downtown that are rent-by-the hour dives, but I have no experience with them.

Walking distance to the Hyatt Hotel, about 10 minutes from my house, but only about 5 min more to the range, than my house, about 25 minutes total to the range. One street away from the main drag, and a handful of eating places for lunch, sandwichs, Mexican, Greek, Oriental, etc, and a micro-brewery or two as well.

No additional cost to us for the use of the facility.

PM with questions.

Mark

Mark,

Can you give me some more info on the hotel? The only thing they Hyatt website shows is on the north side of town. Nothing downtown.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, try here:

Ramada Limited Phenix City Alabama

3560 Hwy 431 N

Phenix City, AL 36867 US

Phone: 334-448-2030

Fax:334-448-7460

Thanks Bobby. I like those prices a lot better. :cheers:

Edited by sperman

kgunz11, your inbox is full.

I signed up for the RO class a while back and due to having to work out of town for most of the last month it had slipped my mind. Is it too late to send in the class fees?. There is still a chance that I will have to work next weekend but will probably be able to pull long hours during the week to accomidate the class. Regardless I feel like I owe you something since I did sign up.

Thanks,

Jason Phillips

We have a last minute opening in the class if someone wants to get in. Someone contacted me after I already sent in the names and numbers to USPSA, but I don't remember who it was. If you still want in, let me know.

We have a last minute opening in the class if someone wants to get in. Someone contacted me after I already sent in the names and numbers to USPSA, but I don't remember who it was. If you still want in, let me know.

That was islandtime. I'll send him a PM.

Thanks Sperman. I am still interested. Kgunz11 you have a PM.

I'm glad you and your wife made it...nice folks!

The rest of you ^&%$#s left me at the brewery with that waiter-ess of questionable orientation. Would someone please come back and pick me up before closing time?!?!?

Thanks Sperman. I am still interested. Kgunz11 you have a PM.

I'm glad you and your wife made it...nice folks!

The rest of you ^&%$#s left me at the brewery with that waiter-ess of questionable orientation. Would someone please come back and pick me up before closing time?!?!?

:roflol::roflol::roflol: I would have stuck with ya' had I been there..................................................NOT!!

I was able to squeak into the class; thanks Bobby and Troy for that!

After initially looking at the class I wasn't sure about it. I'm not that good of a shooter and I doubt anyone would be impressed with my times. However, Troy's instructor bio on nroi.org really made me feel good about showing up. He mentioned in his bio and stressed in class that it's the newer and less experienced shooters that should be hitting RO I.

Given the cost of class, mileage, and a hotel room; I'm pleased with the value. Troy is a great instructor, it was awesome to hook up with other folks from the BEnoverse, and I learned a lot!

Thanks guys for the class, the socialization, and the brotherhood. I've grown a bit in the past couple days.

Leam

I was able to squeak into the class; thanks Bobby and Troy for that!

After initially looking at the class I wasn't sure about it. I'm not that good of a shooter and I doubt anyone would be impressed with my times. However, Troy's instructor bio on nroi.org really made me feel good about showing up. He mentioned in his bio and stressed in class that it's the newer and less experienced shooters that should be hitting RO I.

Given the cost of class, mileage, and a hotel room; I'm pleased with the value. Troy is a great instructor, it was awesome to hook up with other folks from the BEnoverse, and I learned a lot!

Thanks guys for the class, the socialization, and the brotherhood. I've grown a bit in the past couple days.

Leam

Leam, we are glad you AND YOUR WIFE'S COOKIES could make it to join us... it was great meeting so many new people and I definitely learned alot.

Susan

Had a great time. Thanks everyone for attending. Should make for another 25 RO's in USPSA. Learned a lot of interesting things in the class. I know Troy's interpretation of the rules is not a definitive, but they are good enough for me.

Had a great time. Thanks everyone for attending. Should make for another 25 RO's in USPSA. Learned a lot of interesting things in the class. I know Troy's interpretation of the rules is not a definitive, but they are good enough for me.

I had a great time this weekend! It was a great class, good group of guys and an excellent instructor.

Thanks again for setting this up.

Andrew

Care to elaborate??