Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Team Selection for next World shoot

hopalong

Now that we have an IPSC US Nationals, supposedly to help choose the teams for World shoot 2011 (Greece) does anyone else know the other matches that may be used to help choose the teams ???

(A question asked me by someone else)

Bruce, Gary, Chris, Charles ?????

Thanks in advance.

Hop

All IPSC divisions will be recognized at the US IPSC Nationals in Ohio, and all IPSC categories will be recognized, as specified in the IPSC rulebook. The USPSA BOD votes in advance regarding which teams will be selected to represent the USA at the World Shoot. You can still shoot Revelover or Modified Division at the IPSC Nationals, although USPSA does not plan to select official teams for those divisions.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 US IPSC Nationals Statistician

Do not shoot the messanger!

No no no ......... the title of this thread, and it's message is intended to clarify which TEAMS are going to be selected for the next World Shoot, and how.

That has absolutely nothing to do with which DIVISIONS are going to be recognized at the USA IPSC Nationals. It's pretty safe to assume that Open, Modified, Revolver, Production, and Standard will all be recognized divisions both at this match and at all IPSC matches.

Oh, I think he gets it Chris. The "guys" he is talking about are the BOD, not the match administrators of the US IPSC Nationals. This is why I ended my previous post with "Don't shoot the messenger!"

Any USA Revolver or Modified teams to the World Shoot have been 'self formed' and self financed.

The 2 areas that cause the most heartburn:

2 categories (Open Ladies & Open Juniors) are part of the team selection process before we cover all the recognized divisions. This is a big issue for the Revolver shooters, because at large matches, the participation of Revolver shooters typically is larger or equal to the numbers for Open Junior or Open Ladies.

If you decide to recognize categories, some question why only "Open Ladies" or "Open Juniors" are recognized. At many major matches, Limited or Production are starting to post larger numbers than Open division. None of the Limited or Production categories have a team selected. And the biggest category at ANY match (local, sectional, regional or national) is always the seniors, and we have never selected a senior team.

Now putting on my flame-retardant gear...

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico

I really don' give a rats rump about the IPSC World Shoot, however, IF we, the membership of the USPSA are going to finance a team or teams to the WS, they should represent the USPSA membership. We should have Open, Limited/Standard, Production, Revo, Lady, Senior and Junior. If we then want to have additional teams such as Open Junior, or Open Super Senior, then fine, but the membership should be as widely represented as possible first, then down to the sub-categories.

Jim

The teams we send should be those that can win medals. If you want to send an Open Super Senior team then that's fine as long as there are enough regions that can also send a Open Super Senior team.

If there are not enough entrants in that category then they won't be recognised and they won't win anything !

I think we need to look at the last few World Shoots and see which categories have enough entrants that they qualify for recognition. We should send funded teams in those divisions/categories only, as long as the teams we come up with are competitive, represent the best of USPSA and have a selection process that is open and available to all.

Edited by BritinUSA

When and where is this match???

Sunday October 4 in Circleville OH -- same weekend & range where the OH State Section Match will be on Saturday. . . Great opportunity for a "two-fer."

See here: US IPSC National Championship thread

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

When and where is this match???

Sunday October 4 in Circleville OH -- same weekend & range where the OH State Section Match will be on Saturday. . . Great opportunity for a "two-fer."

See here: US IPSC National Championship thread

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Sweeeeeeet Sign me up.