Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Georgia State Championship 10/18-19

I didn't stay for the awards and am hearing the overall results weren't made available at that time and aren't posted to the website yet. The only thing I've heard for sure is fellow BE'er Cy Pritchard is the Georgia State Production champion. Way to go Cy. I'm sure it was those mag holders you bought that did the trick :D Was great to meet PaulW there also.

Good to meet some BE'ers at the GA State.

Chris - thanks for the kind word. I actually came it second in Production, but AJ McCartney is a FLA resident, so I got to be the GA state Prod champ by default- but I'll take it anyway I can get it!

AJ's right hand is partially disabled and he still beat me! He's a very good and experienced shooter.

BTW - the mag pouches did help me get those 10 rounders from the small of my back. Now if I can just learn to get them in the gun without a mag well . . .

Well I think it turned out pretty well. The weather was great for the Sat/Sun competitors (not so for us Friday shooters; at least I can blame the rain for a couple mikes <_< )

I got to meet John Bean, Paul Whitacre and Mark Mosely from the Benoverse and I got to mess with the illustrious Team Shooter's Paradise captained by Mr. Strader himself. All in all a good weekend.

Congrats to the winners! Let's do it again next year...maybe a different venue and a different format...stay tuned.

One of the best matches I've been to. The range was great, the stages were outstanding, the RO's were awesome, and the damn thing was right on schedule.

I've shot my fair share of "big" matches, and that was one of, if not the best match I've seen. The stages were great, nothing to fancy, just well thought out set up's. I know at least 3 stages I don't think anyone I saw shoot it the same way, that is a sign of a good stage IMO.

The RO's were courteous, fun, some in costume (damn you fluffy). I saw the benifit of the doubt go to the shooter more than once.....but no gimmies.

And somehow everything was on schedule. I know that is the first match that has happened. I don't know how, but they had an hour per stage and then right on to the next stage. And it worked! I think the only hold up was the shooter before me broke the hinge on the door of stage 8, we made the wrong decision to try and continue and I pretty much finished it off so that took a while to fix, but no big deal.

Thanks to Bill, Cindy, and Roger K., and the many other people involved in putting on a 1st class match. That was my first trip to the GA State and I guarantee it won't be my last.

Smitty

Congrats to the Match Staff at the GA State for a well run, and professional match. This was one of the best matches I've shot all year. The stages were challenging, fun, and not too complicated with just the right balance of hosing and precision shots. .

I've been to many matches this year where the stage designers seemed to have forgotten the point. Not the case here. Now Georgia needs to do something about those damn moving steel targets! They could duck, jive, twist, turn.....UNBELIEVABLE!

The only change I would make would be to have water on a few of the stages. Also, it was strange getting an official walk-through for the Chronograph. Is this a club thing? It just seemed to drag out a simple process. Just some things to think about for next year.

Hope to make it next year.

I thought the guy at the chrono was a blast. He looked at my gun and said "now why would you want to go and do that!?"

It was a great match except for that darn bridge head shot thing and it was nice to meet Chris P., Cy, and Roger K.

My first stage Saturday morning was the Chrono. I could tell right away that the RO was um, "Detail oriented". :D He first called a limited shooter up for testing. His first shot he kinda looked up at the tent above him wondering where the moisture was coming from (condensation from the rain overnight). I could not help but yell, "Wait till you shot an open gun!!". He said "aw great, thanks". LOL

Forgot to mention that I got to meet Travis T. as well, super nice guy. Pretty funny when they kick your ass and smile about it too! LOL

Travis, Congrads on being the Georgia State Open Champion. Sorry you didn't get your plaque. Your a Great competitor, sportsman, and make a super addition to the Army team. Good luck in the future!

• 1 month later...