Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 NM Section Championship

The match will not be a lost brass match. Brass is too expensive to leave on the ground, I am dreading leaving once fired Super Comp at Area 4 this year.

As far as shooting the match in one day, our staffing may not lend to that being possible. If someone needs to have a shoot-through, we'll have to address that on a case by case basis.

I am going to try and get the stages posted, but no promises.

Ray Van Valkenburg

• 3 weeks later...
The weather has been great! I was worried after the last couple weeks. Looks like everyone has been having a good time. All of the squads shot 6 or 7 of the stages today. Should be a good finish.

Ray Van Valkenburg

Man, I'm sad to be missing this one :(

Got some video today to be posted later. Had 4 good runs 2 bad ones. Great stages and having a great time other than a few disappointing runs along the way. But without the bobbles, the good runs don't seem to have as powerful of an effect. ;) I am looking forward to rocking the last three stages tomorrow! Hopefully I am doing well enough to be in the "wood". :)

Another great match is in the books! :cheers: Wonderful weather, great stages and good people made this event a joy to be a part of. Many many thanks to Ray VanValkenburg (Match Director) and crew. So much work goes into these events. So for all the unseen efforts, my hats are off to all those involved.

Great food and nice trophies rounded out an awesome match.

Congrats to all the Division and Class winners! You can see all the hard work folks have been putting in all year. Here is a picture of the "Winner's Circle".

100_5772.jpg

100_57711.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNgIhY0Nsro

Edited by Rocket35

Definitely a fun and well run match, at a beautiful facility. Ray, for your first time as MD'ing a major match, you did as good or better a job than many experience MD's do. I should have some vid posted sometime in the next day - just got home ;)

ETA - will scores be posted somewhere? :)

Edited by XRe

Jim: That is very cool that Nanci won. She will be bumped to "B" now :cheers: I couldn't find the scores either? Thanks, Eric

Based on the B level classifier she shot in the match, yes... :) Weren't enough GMs in the match to get it to qualify as a classifier (I don't know if it was a high enough level match to qualify for that anyway?). Being high lady at a match doesn't automatically bump anything (nor does being high C... which she also took... ;) ).

Thanks for all of the kind words. Running this match was quite an experience and hopefully I will learn from my mistakes.

Here is a link to the match results. They are posted on Area 2's website.

http://uspsa2.org/match_results/match_disp...&club=WWPSC

Watch for more to come from WWPSC in the furture.

Ray Van Valkenburg

This was a great run match !!! Stages had a great mix of speed and throw on the brakes.

Congrats to all Division, Class, and Category winners !!!!!!!

The trophies where very nice as well, Alder wood, laser engraved.

D

What an awesome match Ray and company put on!! The stages were so fun, the lunch was great, and the people were the best. I have put on big matches and I know how much work it takes, and how hard it is to get the right balance of shooting ability, agility, and fun...Ray, you guys sure pulled it off!!

My forever memory will be of watching my husband shoot again!!

Thanks for putting on a great match!!

Cheryl :)