Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 1100 Tac-4 Now what

ddj8052

So today I am picking up my new Rmington 1100 Tac-4 to tide me over until my M2 finally shows up (ordered in Febuary and I am told it is still a couple of months out). So what do I need to do to this thing to have it ready to go for 3 gun? I have already ordered the Mesa Tactical side saddle. Is it pretty much good to go or are there somethings I should be prepared for? Thanks for the help.

Juan

Shoot it just like that for a while.

The EZ-Loader gate is probably the most common change I see people make, but I think it can also bring along a whole new group of problems.

Find shells the thing likes.. The majority of them don't seem to like < 3 dram loads, and not all 3 dram loads are created equal.

Mine hated the Winchester cheap 3 dram, but ran well on the Federal cheap 3 dram.

You can read about drilling the gas ports.. but I would hold off until yo get familiar with it.

Thanks guys. I do intend to shoot it and see how it goes. While I am aggravated at the wait, I am willing to wait for my FFL to get the gun in stock. He takes very good care of me so I am willing to be patient. Plus I get to play with another new gun while I wait lol. Thanks again. Anyone else have any sugestions for what the I should have done?

I called Benelli just the other day and asked about both the M2 21 inch Barrels and the M2 Shotguns with the 21 inch barrels and was told that the barrels were in LOW supply and that if I wanted one I better place an order quickly and that they were OUT of the M2 shotguns in that barrel length. She said they were expecting them in 6 weeks. I don't know if that makes you feel any better about your wait.

Good Luck with your wait. How about some pics and a range report when you get it?

BD

Thanks for the info on the Benelli situation. This jives with what I was told.

I guess I will be calling Hans and getting the Safety sent out. I am unfamiliar with the easy loader, but I will look into it as well.

This gun actually comes with the (I think ) Badger Tactical charging handle. Is anyone experienced with this. It seems like it will be perfect for 3 gun.

I will take pictures once I get the gun all set up and running.

Another question, I have read that the O rings wear very quickly. How often should I replace them? I already ordered some replacements, but would like to know how often I will be switching them out.

Thanks again,

Juan

Edited by ddj8052

This gun actually comes with the (I think ) Badger Tactical charging handle. Is anyone experienced with this. It seems like it will be perfect for 3 gun.

I will take pictures once I get the gun all set up and running.

Another question, I have read that the O rings wear very quickly. How often should I replace them? I already ordered some replacements, but would like to know how often I will be switching them out.

It may not be the Badger charching handle but it is darn close to the same.

What are the O rings you are referring to? I'm new to this shotgun as well.

I have been told, by a person who knows (former pro trap shooter), that the O rings CAN last up to around 1,000 rounds, IF they are taken care of. That means that you carefully remove/install them when cleaning. He said that they often pick up nicks, which form into cracks and then open fissures, when they are dragged over the threads at the front of the mag tube. Wipe the crud and carbon off of them when cleaning the gun. Also, he told me that 1100s need only very light lube. Just a drop of light oil on the mag tube and piston, then rub it around with your finger. Until he told me that I was heavily lubing that area, and suffering occassional feeding problems. After taking his advice I shot a match last weekend and it ran like a Swiss watch!

Just to be sure, I now try to replace the o rings every 300 - 500 rounds, or at least before a major match.

Have fun with it. Who knows, you may decide you don't want that spaghetti slinger! :D

Lugnut, here are the O rings, or as Remington calls them, Barrel Seals. Watch Brownell's video. I don't know, aren't barrel seals a circus act? :roflol:

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...p;s=27184#27184

You can also get them here, cheaper!

http://www.ericwesselman.com/store/RemmyORing.html

BTW, I took the tactical charging handle off of my 2 Remmies, and replaced with the standard one. I saw one shooter have his fly off in a match (it's heavier than the standard little handle), and I saw a shooter going around left side barricade where the handle hit the barricade with each shot, resulting in numerous stoppages.

Edited by jobob

I called Benelli just the other day and asked about both the M2 21 inch Barrels and the M2 Shotguns with the 21 inch barrels and was told that the barrels were in LOW supply and that if I wanted one I better place an order quickly and that they were OUT of the M2 shotguns in that barrel length. She said they were expecting them in 6 weeks. I don't know if that makes you feel any better about your wait.

Good Luck with your wait. How about some pics and a range report when you get it?

BD

Unfortunately, six weeks Benelli time translates to anything between 12 weeks and a year in standard earth time. ;)

I have an 1100 Tactical and the bolt handle that came with it was basically the Choate style.

Since installation and removal is just a matter of pushing and pulling I bought a stock bolt handle. The stock handle is for when there will be tight ports. Otherwise I leave the Choate handle on. I find the Choate much handier than the stock handle.

Thanks jobob! When I first saw the prices on Brownells I was quite surprised, good vid though- have you used the ones from Eric? I've ordered some Glock grips from him and they were great.

Yes, I use Eric's rings. Right now I have the Rem. rings in my guns, but just to use up the ones I have.

I agree. Eric's Trugrip is the best grip tape for Glocks on the market. :cheers: