Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any PICS of a 21 Inch Benelli M1 S90?

Nalapombu

Hey all,

I just remembered this site for 3 gunners.

I have a Benelli M1 Super 90 12 gauge with a 24 inch vent rib barrel. Since I don't have a Home Defense shotgun right now and my Benelli just sits in my safe without having a round through it in several years, I thought I could make a HD shotgun out of my Benelli.

I had originally checked into cutting the barrel back to 20 inches or so, having it re-threaded to take the factory tubes I have, have the rib shortened and blended to match nicely with the shortened barrel and then replace the front sight. Well it looks like having that done would be quite a bit of money. I also had one smith that told me that it couldn't be re-threaded because the walls would be too thin. So that idea looks like it's scrapped.

I then had someone tell me to look at trying to find one of the Benelli 21 Inch vent rib barrels to buy or trade for. I wasn't aware that they even made a 21 inch vent rib barrel. I looked on their website and didn't see any mention of one and I went to a couple of older catalogs I had and didn't see info there either. I did see a post in here talking about the 21 inch barrel, but there wasn't any pictures with the post.

So I would like to ask and see if anyone has any pics of an M1 with this 21 inch VR Barrel on it. If you do, how about posting it cause I'd really like to see it. Can you tell me about how common they are? Is this the desired barrel length for the 3 gun competitors? Also if they are hard to find, as they apparently are, how likely would it be that someone that had one would trade for a 24 incher or sell it?

I am trying to figure out what way to go with this project and this information you all can hopefully provide will help me out in seeing if I just need to sell mine and buy what I want. The problem I have is that I really like the looks of the Vent Rib barrel.... :wacko:

Thank you all for your time and help with this.

BD

Thanks for the pic. That's the very first one I have seen of the elusive 21 inch barrel.

That is one sweet looking shotgun you have there for sure. Now that I have seen it, it makes me want that 21 inch barrel that much more. I am going to have to sell mine and order a new one or trade it or something. Now I gotta have it!!

Thanks again.

BD

Patrick, is that a +5 extension from Nordic?

Dan,

I am normally more on with my intel but I don't know which one it is.

I did just stuff 8 in the tube if that helps.

Patrick

It does. I've got an SRM on mine. Got it before Nordic was making theirs, and have been thinking of getting one from them.

Thank you!

I'd have M2 Envy but mine is at home waiting for parts to arrive......

gose has a +6 extension on his and Kelley's is a +5 assuming these are 21" guns. I've shot a Benny hill setup with the +6 nordic and I REALLY liked the gun. Swings nice for clays but still compact enough to whack close steel with shot. The owner and I were pleasantly surprised when we were able to hit 12" steel plates at 75 yards with slugs on the first try. It's like the Swiss Army knife of the shotgun world.... plus they are SO simple! :wub:

Pat,

How do you keep that Nordic Clamp from moving around? No matter how tight I snug it up, it will move around and it's pretty much wore off the finish on my barrel.

Magic!

Old gunsmith trick.

Strip of fine sandpaper under ring. Smooth (paper side) against barrel or scope.

Email me about quite comps.

Patrick