Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

San Antonio IPSC/USPSA pistol matches

Howdy folks,

Since no one else seems to be posting local club level matches in San Antonio TX on this forum, I will do so via this thread. All I will be doing is passing along information I receive from the various club email lists I am on and a few that may slip through that net.

This may be of limited value to seasoned shooters, since they will already be on the lists, but I figure I may catch a few noobs (like me!) who are in the "how the heck do I figure out the what and where of IPSC/USPSA matches" in the area.

First up are the local clubs who host matches. Each club has a set schedule in terms of on what weekend they hold matches on. Click the link, see their schedule and for the most part you will never need this post again

Bullet Hole Practical Shooters Club (click "USPSA Club")

River City Shooters

Alpha Mike Shooters

The Austin Lone Star Practical Pistol Club

In terms of full disclosure, I am a member of the Bullet Hole Practical Shooters Club. The clubs are listed in order of distance from my house smile.gif

If there are other clubs you feel should be listed here, post em or shoot me a pm. Austin is about as far away I want to cover in terms of geographic range.

To new shooters: I've met people from all these clubs and the vast majority are very friendly and willing to help you out (this seems to be a nationwide phenomena!). Just show up and follow the golden rule.

Edited by JasonL

Coming up this weekend...

The The Austin Lone Star Practical Pistol Club is hosting its monthly IPSC match:

Saturday April 4th, 2009

Registration - 9:30am

Hammer Down - 10:00am

While the following is not IPSC/USPSA I will post this as well...

Sunday April 5th ASSC Steel Challenge match at Cedar Ridge Range, just North of San Antonio. 9:30 sign up, 10:00 start time.

Edited by JasonL

Coming up this weekend...

The The Austin Lone Star Practical Pistol Club is hosting its monthly IPSC match:

Saturday April 4th, 2009

Registration - 9:30am

Hammer Down - 10:00am

While the following is not IPSC/USPSA I will post this as well...

Sunday April 5th ASSC Steel Challenge match at Cedar Ridge Range, just North of San Antonio. 9:30 sign up, 10:00 start time.

ASSC as in Alamo Sport Shooting Club, but the matches are not held at the Alamo ... <_< But Alamo does host the matches we do more than just steel

IN fact I think we will have a Tactical Steel stage Sunday B)

Not a whole lot on the agenda with the holiday coming up. No IPSC/USPSA events that I am aware of.

Only thing I know of to keep shooters busy is...

On Saturday April 11th the Texas Steel Club will be hosting a "Steel Challenge" at the Cedar Ridge Range. Registration at 9:30am Hammer Down at 10:00am.

I have to sign off. A cat just jumped on my lap and is trying to eat my lunch.

Cheers.

Okay, while the River City Shooters are not holding their monthly IDPA match on Sunday, they ARE holding an IDPA Classifier on Saturday April 11th.

Set up at 8:00am, Registration at 9:00am, Hammer Down at 10:00am

Details here

I've only shot one IDPA event and I think I had as many penalty seconds as I did shooting time <_< Might be time to take another stab at it.

In the local scene...

Alpha Mike Shooters is hosting its monthly USPSA match on Sunday April 19. While I don't see the details posted I think they do a 9:00 to 9:30ish registration start with hammer down at 10:00. I'll be at this one, putting holes in all the no-shoots as usual.

In the Texas scene...

A lot of folks are heading up to Houston for the Space City Challenge over the upcoming weekend.

Edited by JasonL

Yes, it's official. All the movers and shakers will be at Space City.

From the MD: This weekend is the big Space City Challenge in Houston, and we've convinced enough Alpha-Mike Shooters to make the trip with us that we're going to have to CANCEL our April match.

Thanks for quoting the email Steve, I was in a hurry yesterday and just fired off a quickie.

Cheers.

On Edit: I was also looking forward to this one. Guess I'll spend the weekend in the garage with powders, primers & lead.

Edited by JasonL

Okey dokey,

On the radar this weekend is...

On Saturday April 25th the Bullet Hole Practical Shooters Club monthly USPSA match. Registration at 9:00 Hammer down at 10:00.

On Sunday April 26th we have River City Shooters hosting their monthly USPSA match. Registration at 9:00. Shooter meeting at 9:45 with shooting commencing immediately after.

Looks like it is a double fun weekend just due to the way the calendar lines up. I think I will shoot both, one with the revo and one production. I'll see if I can come in last in two tournaments in one weekend with two different guns in two different divisions! :cheers::ph34r: <--- mall ninja smiley.

• 2 weeks later...

Okey Dokey,

No IPSC/USPSA this weekend that I know of.

AASA shooting at the Bullethole and Steel Shooters at Cedar Ridge on Saturday and...

River City Shooters is hosting an IDPA match this weekend on Mother's Day. They are letting folks run with .22s so it might be a real bit of cheap fun if you swing IDPA.

The Copperas Cove Pistol Club runs an action pistol match the 2nd Saturday of the month.

Usually 5 or 6 stages, around 100 rounds. In addition to IDPA divisions, you can also shoot divisions that are like USPSA limited and open. Scoring is IDPA style, but without the rest of the IDPA rules.

It's a fun match.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/coppe...ub/message/2267

Hello: We are having a USPSA match this weekend in Corpus. Some of the guys from San Antonio come down for it. It takes me about 2 1/2 hours to go to Blackhawk from here. Come on down. Thanks, Eric

Saturday or Sunday?

JS

This weekend is Alpha Mike's USPSA match at the Cedar Ridge range on this upcoming Sunday. 9:00 reg and 10:00 hammer down. Links to the club and range can be found in the OP.

To the others who have been posting in this thread - THANKS!! help spread the word on everything pistol related in the region.

Cheers.

This weekend is Alpha Mike's USPSA match at the Cedar Ridge range on this upcoming Sunday. 9:00 reg and 10:00 hammer down. Links to the club and range can be found in the OP.

To the others who have been posting in this thread - THANKS!! help spread the word on everything pistol related in the region.

Cheers.

You might want to check with Don H on that as we are all going to the Mississippi Classic.

The Alpha Mike match is on for this weekend. Jeff Schumaker and crew will be doing setup and I will be doing sign up. If anyone would like to help with setup you can meet us at 8AM at the west gate. The west gate is about 600 yards west of the main entrance to Cedar Ridge Range. Hope to see everyone there for some fun stages.

Art

The Alpha Mike match is on for this weekend. Jeff Schumaker and crew will be doing setup and I will be doing sign up. If anyone would like to help with setup you can meet us at 8AM at the west gate. The west gate is about 600 yards west of the main entrance to Cedar Ridge Range. Hope to see everyone there for some fun stages.

Art

Rain / Mud Out for Alpha Mike this Sunday. the Range Owner says too muddy for a match

JF

<_< the gate is a secrete Art

This weekend we have the Bullet Hole USPSA match on Saturday

Based on the calendar the River City Shooters USPSA match should be on Sunday. I have not received an email as yet however and their website shows the next match in June. If anyone can confirm the match please post here.

Both are 9:00am registration and 10:00am Hammer down. River City does their shooters meeting at 9:45am.