Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G17L and 24

The Antichrome

Just a random oddball note.

My local Academy Sports store usually only carries run of the mill guns.

But with the hyper-demand for anything that shoots, they are getting whatever is available.

Today they had G17L's and G24's on the shelves...not something you'd expect to see there.

I thought they stopped making the 24 over 2 years ago?? In fact, in June of 06' I had a 24 kaboom on me (my fault, not Glocks), they replaced it at munfactures cost and said I got one from their last batch.

17L's, 24's and 24C's are regularly imported to the US...however, about every two years they'll bring in one or the other of the three. 24's and 24C's are available at wholesale and retail right now, but are selling down as little or no other choices are available at present.

ya, that's why I was asking gen and new or used. I hadn't heard of a new run on either of these. Guess someone stashed them. Only thing I can come up with.

Not stashed back, Glock brings them in new (with light rails and finger groove grip frames) from Austria every few years...Glock consistently lists them in their marketing materials (along with the 380 acps that are not imported into the US).

I picked up a 24c a couple of months ago. The Glock rep brought a couple of them and some 17Ls to a local gun stores Glock days sale. It's a great shooting pistol....but now I get to spend the real money....trigger, optics, barrels....etc etc haha!

We went into the Academy Sports in Whichita Falls while we were there for the Double Tap and they had one of each also. I was very surprised when I saw them.

I already have one of each so I didn't slober over them. :)

Neal in AZ

I've seen 24's, 24C's and 17L's for sale locally. In fact all of the glocks are in stock locally. (true, I live less than an hour away from Smyrna) I'm planning on buying a 19 tomorrow. The dealer has them in stock, but they are Austrian, not US made.

This dealer sells all of his guns at LEO/military pricing because he says that GSSF members are eligible for that price. I'm military so it doesn't make a difference to me. But to folks off the street, he has them join GSSF and they receive an instant $100 discount for each pistol they purchase. He also has plenty of magazines in stock.