Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI aluminum grip

bulm540

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both STI and SV aluminum grips are way cool but justifying the $400+ cost is hard to stomach compared to $115 polymer grips we've been using for years. I'm sure they're being produced on one of those $100,000+ CNC machines, so the cost of the grip is due to the cost of the machinery. If they were to drop the cost to $175-$200 then that would be a reasonable cost to switch over. Anyway, wasn't the original concept of the polymer frame was to cut costs and improve recoil control through the flexing properties of the polymer and not gouge us with another accessory...?

My two cents!

Edited by Davidp1911

• 4 weeks later...
i like the way it looks plus the fear of not cracking your grip with an overstuffed starter mag is a big help...but $400 might be a bit steep :closedeyes:
Hmmmmm $400 for just a grip. Wow, now that is a real bargain. I did not pay that much for a new Glock 17 just a few years ago. Such a deal!!!!!!!!
Both STI and SV aluminum grips are way cool but justifying the $400+ cost is hard to stomach compared to $115 polymer grips we've been using for years. I'm sure they're being produced on one of those $100,000+ CNC machines, so the cost of the grip is due to the cost of the machinery. If they were to drop the cost to $175-$200 then that would be a reasonable cost to switch over. Anyway, wasn't the original concept of the polymer frame was to cut costs and improve recoil control through the flexing properties of the polymer and not gouge us with another accessory...?

My two cents!

+1 with these comments.

Just wondering if there are anymore feedbacks regarding this product? :D

Just yesterday I've finished fitting job on my new alu grip. :cheers:

This is a great item to upgrade your gun.

P.S. My first post, sorry.

I wanted to upload an image of my race gun, but with no success :(

Are there any magic word?

Advice is appreciated.

• 7 months later...

I just got the slim one and think its the best thing I've done to my LIM gun. It shoots better and feels 150 times better. It doesn't even shoot the same. It recoils and tracks much better. The trigger even feels better and is sweet. I added grip tape to it and it is good to go. Exactly one ounce heavier than my polymer grip. I added the ZM Weapons stainless steel mainspring housing and it balances great. The only problem was that my Rescomp mag would no fit into it all the way. I had to wrap some 220 grit paper around a 3/8" dowel and massage the front corners inside the grip so it would fit. I also polished the inside of the grip opening to a mirror finish.....just because.

But....I like it alot. It was worth every penny. :cheers:

Last week I saw how STI got around broaching the trigger shoe slot. Came in from the top with an end mill (ick). Make sure your trigger doesn't stick in that slot. If you run a short trigger you may need to look at it.

Nope.....it is far from getting stuck. Its an Infinity trigger with a medium flat shoe. It has a little side to side slop but fits good top to bottom.

My EGW magwell would not push up far enough for the mainspring pin hole to line up. I had to mill about .025" out of the bottom of the EGW magwell so that it would seat and the pins line up. But my STI and Krebs lined up fine.