Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

Hello all, just a quick note on the progress, the theme has been set, it is BAD AZZ! A few key stages are drawn, this match will be nothing short of amazing! This year is of 5th (and final?) so we are going to do something VERY special, something that has NEVER been done in the history of modern multi-gun. You do not want to miss this match. Stay tuned, more to follow, with luck by Monday!

BigHamp

Is the key phrase "modern multi-gun"? Maybe we are talking some black powder?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope SFC Hampton gets a Blackhawk on loan. :D Heck...if they can do it at Benning for the Sniper Challenge...why not for us. It'll be good to get in to my air frame and not be crewing it or working on a patient in the back. Heck...at least this time I can enjoy shooting from it. :)

Rich

I was kind of hoping for an Apache myself. I hope they have plenty of ammo and a helmet small enough to fit my head.

Somebody PLEASE tell me that this isn't the last FB3G!! It is my 25th anniversary that weekend, and I feel I will be in serious trouble if I go. I have gone in past years, but I have paid for it...literally. I just don't think it would be a good idea this year. There are some things with some girls that diamonds just won't cover, and I'm talking emotionally here as I know how you guys think!! Come on Hamp, say it ain't so.... No little yellow face crying his eyes out so just use your imagination.

From a UH-60 guy...Apache's are crap! They're slow and fragile.

I'd still give a spare body part to ride in one...seriously. Extra kidney, bone marrow, toes...I have other parts too but they might be refurbs. :wacko:

Think about it.

Take her to the FB3G and then go somewhere from there. I can't believe you would miss a match this nice over a 25th wedding anniversary. Man up and be the king of your castle. The worse thing that could happen is a divorce with her getting everything you have.

Take her to the FB3G and then go somewhere from there. I can't believe you would miss a match this nice over a 25th wedding anniversary. Man up and be the king of your castle. The worse thing that could happen is a divorce with her getting everything you have.

No matter how good you are or what you do they flip the switch and the last line of above comes true :surprise:

Take her to the FB3G and then go somewhere from there. I can't believe you would miss a match this nice over a 25th wedding anniversary. Man up and be the king of your castle. The worse thing that could happen is a divorce with her getting everything you have

not if she shoots with you...then she gets all your guns with your half hearted approval. Ask me how I know :roflol:

Cheryl :)

Take her to the FB3G and then go somewhere from there. I can't believe you would miss a match this nice over a 25th wedding anniversary. Man up and be the king of your castle. The worse thing that could happen is a divorce with her getting everything you have

not if she shoots with you...then she gets all your guns with your half hearted approval. Ask me how I know :roflol:

Cheryl :)

My hero :D

(Just kidding honey!)

Edited by Ms. Kitty

Somebody PLEASE tell me that this isn't the last FB3G!! It is my 25th anniversary that weekend, and I feel I will be in serious trouble if I go. I have gone in past years, but I have paid for it...literally. I just don't think it would be a good idea this year. There are some things with some girls that diamonds just won't cover, and I'm talking emotionally here as I know how you guys think!! Come on Hamp, say it ain't so.... No little yellow face crying his eyes out so just use your imagination.

Steve you have plenty of time to take her gifts (I mean BIG gifts) daily. I did something like this once and that is why I am now on number two and I have plenty of time before our 25th.

Mike

Steve you have plenty of time to take her gifts (I mean BIG gifts) daily. I did something like this once and that is why I am now on number two and I have plenty of time before our 25th.

Mike

..Shaking head slowly

My wife's birthday is Dec. 3. Last year I told her that I had decided to take her on a nice, romantic, out of town weekend trip for her birthday. No cooking, just dinner at nice resteraunts, nice hotel. A weekend with no phone, no job. :rolleyes:

She replied she wasn't going to any &*%^! ^&*% shooting match for her birthday! :angry2:

We had a good trip. :cheers:

Are you shaking your head up or down, or side to side? I'm just a dumb guy and need a little help here.

Steve, don't do it dude. Remember last year that the range gods got you and it wasn't even the 25th anniversary? Lord only knows what could happen this year. Just think of the brownie points you could make on this one. :cheers:

Okay Steve,

I was married to the last great romantic. This can be done without divorce.

My advice: Plan to add one day before & two days after the match to your trip. Make reservations at one of the high end hotels in the Buckhead area of Atlanta near Lennox Square Mall. The Westin & the Ritz-Carlton are great for the top dollar contenders but there are others that are very nice. You stay there the first night, then head off to the match. Get a Lennox Square gift card (put a significant amount of money on it). While you are at the match, she can shop, go to the spa (there are several) or 'sight see' - many of the top hotels offer shuttles to other spots in Atlanta. Of course you are going to call every night.

When you return Sunday, you plan reservations at a nice restaurant, possibly flowers & chocolates. All the big hotels have a concierge who can handle those details for you. Some variation on this theme will work. After 25 years, you know what she likes.

Expensive? yes. More expensive than jewelry? maybe. Cheaper than divorce? definitely.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Steve:

Where I come from an anniversary gift goes both ways. Ask her now if she will give you the pass to go to the match as her gift to you. Then she meets you after the match in Tampa or Titusville and you take her on a cruise to where ever as your gift to her. While we need all the sales tax we can get in Georgia from events like Linda suggested, I really hate to see the match "cost" you that much.

Charles Bond

Guys and Gals, thanks for all the helpful info for this December. I am really stuck, as I work for this DA company, and we aren't allowed to take any vacation between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Every year I just happen to get sick about the first weekend of December, and have to miss a day of work. I tell you it's terrible! It's kind of funny, because there are lots of others that work for this company, (in other cities) and when we see each other in the hotel hallway, there is lots of talking and complaining about how "sick" we are. Anyway, when it got made into a three day match, I knew I'd have to get REAL sick that weekend, but when you cross it all with the anniversary and stuff, I feel like someone is giving me a big hint. I haven't listened to his hints before- read as "chose to ignore", and his next hint usually comes in the form of a hammer. Know what I mean. Even us knuckle heads learn to listen every once in a while. I'm going to have to sit this one out. Besides, if I do good this time, hopefully it will pay off later on the homefront. You guys are going to have to carry my weight this time, so bring a big wagon, and last but not least...TIGHTEN DOWN THE SCREWS ON YOUR DOH!!! :D

Steve:

Where I come from an anniversary gift goes both ways. Ask her now if she will give you the pass to go to the match as her gift to you. Then she meets you after the match in Tampa or Titusville and you take her on a cruise to where ever as your gift to her. While we need all the sales tax we can get in Georgia from events like Linda suggested, I really hate to see the match "cost" you that much.

Charles Bond

I'm treating my significant other to a trip to Vegas if she lets me go to this match.

Will probably take her there in October, thinking somewhere around the 22nd-25th ;)

Updated FB3G Sponsors Page.

Sponsors and potential sponsors, please refer to this page for the sponsor letter and sponsor agreement. Sponsored shooters MUST still register online, whether you make it or end up on the wait list, it would ease the registration process.

If you have any questions regarding sponsorship, please contact me at fb3gsponsorship@gmail.com

Again all match related questions needs to still go to match director, Aaron Hampton at fb3gunmd@gmail.com

Thanks and see you soon!

DMAC

Updated FB3G Sponsors Page.

Sponsors and potential sponsors, please refer to this page for the sponsor letter and sponsor agreement. Sponsored shooters MUST still register online, whether you make it or end up on the wait list, it would ease the registration process.

If you have any questions regarding sponsorship, please contact me at fb3gsponsorship@gmail.com

Again all match related questions needs to still go to match director, Aaron Hampton at fb3gunmd@gmail.com

Thanks and see you soon!

DMAC

Hey.........I thought I was DMAC? :roflol:

Edited by DMAC

I have had a number of questions about why you may only sign in one other person with you. We did not want to separate couples, brothers, best shooting buddies or fathers and sons. If you have a group of 3, everyone should sign in someone else: A&B, B&C, then C&A. That way, everyone in the group of three has 2 chances to get a number that puts them in the match.

The second group of questions involve time or schedule conflicts with the sign in time of 9:30 PM Eastern Time on Thursday. I am sure everyone understands the difficulty of selecting a time that will be convenient for 465+ shooters. If you cannot personally sign in on Thursday, June 18th, you can quite literally get anyone with internet access to sign in for you: Relatives, friends, neighbors, shooting buddies, co-workers, etc.

Last year, a shooter from the Charleston SC area had 13 sign-in's in the first 60 seconds. All were from different IP addresses because he asked several of his shooting buddies to sign him in, as well as his two adult sons who live out of state.

I suggest that you ask the person (people) who will sign in for you attempt a trial run at least once while the site is open for practice. Practice ends at 8:30 PM on Thursday. Provide them with the link to the website and your name, email address and zip code. If they enter your email address, the form letter reply will go to you.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I have had a number of questions about why you may only sign in one other person with you. We did not want to separate couples, brothers, best shooting buddies or fathers and sons. If you have a group of 3, everyone should sign in someone else: A&B, B&C, then C&A. That way, everyone in the group of three has 2 chances to get a number that puts them in the match.

The second group of questions involve time or schedule conflicts with the sign in time of 9:30 PM Eastern Time on Thursday. I am sure everyone understands the difficulty of selecting a time that will be convenient for 465+ shooters. If you cannot personally sign in on Thursday, June 18th, you can quite literally get anyone with internet access to sign in for you: Relatives, friends, neighbors, shooting buddies, co-workers, etc.

Last year, a shooter from the Charleston SC area had 13 sign-in's in the first 60 seconds. All were from different IP addresses because he asked several of his shooting buddies to sign him in, as well as his two adult sons who live out of state.

I suggest that you ask the person (people) who will sign in for you attempt a trial run at least once while the site is open for practice. Practice ends at 8:30 PM on Thursday. Provide them with the link to the website and your name, email address and zip code. If they enter your email address, the form letter reply will go to you.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda I can not even imagine all of the extra work it takes for you to sort through and eliminate duplicate entries. For that you have my sympathy. For working so hard to make the registration accessable (perhaps overly?) to all of the shooters, you have my admiration.

Charles Bond

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda I can not even imagine all of the extra work it takes for you to sort through and eliminate duplicate entries. For that you have my sympathy. For working so hard to make the registration accessable (perhaps overly?) to all of the shooters, you have my admiration.

Charles Bond

Roger That!!!!

You guys are going to have to carry my weight this time, so bring a big wagon, and last but not least...TIGHTEN DOWN THE SCREWS ON YOUR DOH!!! :D

Steve, I promise to be totally thinking about you each time I fling my stainless ss into the abandonment box, as I reach for my rifle! :roflol:

michael