Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV Mags

RickyH

My 170mm mag with bolen spring,follower,and base pad holds 29 rounds. if i put 30 in it one get in the spring why does this happen? my 140mm mag has bolen spring,follower,and sv 3mm base pads it get 24 rounds and 25 one ends up in the spring to. why? <_<

The ridges on the side of mag tube stop just about where round number 29 sits. When you try and put #30 in, guess what, it's too wide, and you found out what happens.

I can't get more than 24 rounds in a 140mm tube with a 3mm tube, the more you try the more you are probably just spreading out the tube. I never load more than 23 in my 140 mags.

The ridges on the side of mag tube stop just about where round number 29 sits. When you try and put #30 in, guess what, it's too wide, and you found out what happens.

I can't get more than 24 rounds in a 140mm tube with a 3mm tube, the more you try the more you are probably just spreading out the tube. I never load more than 23 in my 140 mags.

are you using super or super comp? i think it is doable with super comp but not with super as explained by homie.

The tube needs to be modified to allow the follower to stay in position.

I get 30 and 25 in 9mm

Can you explain the mod needed?? I have one SV that holds 30 and one that the follower rolls over if I try to do thirty.

I get 30 and 25 in 9mm

Can you explain the mod needed?? I have one SV that holds 30 and one that the follower rolls over if I try to do thirty.

You need to flatten out the bottom of the rib in the left side

I get 30 and 25 in 9mm

Thanks, I'll work on that.

I get 30 and 25 in 9mm

Thanks, I'll work on that.

Just finished working on my number 2 mag. Worked on the rib and the lower dimensions of the tube and now it appears to be holding thirty without issue. It will load with one in the gun albeit a very tight fit. I don't usually do that because of the pressure on the grip but I hand cycled all the rounds without problem. Thanks again.

Boz1911 Do you have pic. of your mags now and how did you do it?

It was pretty technical and I don't recommend this, but I actually cut a piece of wood larger in width than the mag and tapped it in the tube while at the same time squeezing the bottom section of the mag in a vice. I worked until I got the dimensions to match my number one mag. The number two mag was not quite as wide as the other mag.

And no, I wasn't drinking. :cheers: