Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to get quick feet?

Bigpops

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were we in the same squad bro? I'm sorry I was so out of it that day. I'm sorry if I forget. Haha I did the worst I ever have done, I'm surprised I placed.

Yeah when you get time we'll hit the range.

Robby

No way...that was you? Funny!

Are you doing St Charles on Sunday?

I plan to have "happy feet" then. :roflol:

I think fast movement should be trained in practice. Also look here:

(Do not bitch about shoes :) )Drop-step and push technique may be as a "signal" to GO. This technique is very common among very good Chech shooters like Adam Tyc, Martin Kamenicek, but there are some other issues like entering and leaving positions while shooting. I don't know how it should be called, but look also at Eric Grauffel videos. He moves not so fast, like a cat, but he is shooting every time moving no matter what distance targets are and he is beating about 1-2 seconds Martin Kamenicek. Of course, it is pure masterpiece and needs a lot of practice!

Try drop-step and push technique and program it as "signal" to GO in your training sessions. For me it works (I hope so).

P.S. Visualise as you are moving very quick fom one position to another in your stage preparation also. It helps a lot.

Edited by Ramas

Steven, eventually you have to PRACTICE going fast. How can you tell if you are going slow if you never go fast? How can you become comfortable with going fast unless you practice it? I know how to drive, and fairly fast too, but I'm not getting into a NASCAR any time soon. I practice pushing my speeds in live fire practice and dry fire practice.

Ladder drills are great!!! Move with a sense of urgency and efficiency. Don't waste motion. As has been said by several - get in shape; it helps!

Talked with TT about this after watching him shoot - he rarely ever breaks out into full stride. Most of his steps are fairly small - but devilishly quick. His answer was that he looked at it like driving a race car. To get going and up to speed, gotta hit 1st and 2nd gear - no need in going straight to 5th.

Okay, so I was looking for some vids on this and found this. I learned by about the 1:05 mark that:

A: I am glad the vid is grainy because it would just make me feel worse if I could see this better.

B: I hate youth.

C: There are lots of drills for speed.

D: I hate youth.

E: You can develop speed in all directions.

F: See B and D above.

Edited by Neomet

Okay, so I was looking for some vids on this and found this. I learned by about the 1:05 mark that:

A: I am glad the vid is grainy because it would just make me feel worse if I could see this better.

now that is just funny! :cheers:

Steven, eventually you have to PRACTICE going fast. How can you tell if you are going slow if you never go fast? How can you become comfortable with going fast unless you practice it? I know how to drive, and fairly fast too, but I'm not getting into a NASCAR any time soon. I practice pushing my speeds in live fire practice and dry fire practice.

Friday you make a great point. I was discussing this with my wife ,that being new to all of this I think I have overloaded my brain into worrying about to many things after the shot. Items such as the reload, where I need to be next, target ID, etc. In doing so, If I arrived to my reference point, reloaded, gun up, I felt I was fast. Heck...I did what I planned, right?

After viewing the video from our last match I realized that though I achieved my plan is was painfully slow! Granted, I am no spring chicken...but geez, my 7 year old could have passed me by! <_<

I watched 3GM2 last night (more money on research) and got some good info there. A lot has been covered on this forum already but it was nice to see first hand. I think my biggest revelation (Thanks XRE) is the actual reload then move.

Now...if I can just pull this all off without looking like Forrest Gump! :roflol:

Steve get up here. You gotta get a free weekend.

I am trying. Honey-do list is growing as spring arrives. Thanks for the number, I will let you know.

Look for us at York too. We really enjoyed the match last weekend and like the people. (though the drive sucks)

Pops it's cool man I'm just giving you a hard time. Be smooth, the speed will come. Brad Balsley (#13 GM) taught me that this shit doesn't happen over night. It takes time, patience, and repetition. Everything comes with time and the proper training. The main thing is focus on having fun. I noticed that I win matches when I focus on having fun rather than on all the shit I do wrong.

Try not to make things complicated. A reload is just a reload, a draw is just a draw, and two shots is just two shots.

I promise I will do the best I can to help you.

I've talked to a couple of buddies of mine who are really fast [martial arts] and the advice they gave was the plyometrics are really good [that young athletes video]. Of course they also mentioned that I was about 20lbs heavier than I needed to be so diet wouldn't hurt.

Neomet, something I always say is - "Youth is entirely wasted on the young" :roflol:

Well after todays match....quick feet is the last thing I need to worry about. I think I need a SHRINK!!

Two major brain fades on two different stages. To make matters worse, once I goof up I go into panic mode and fire away. Had a few Mikes which I cannot stand. Failed to reload before going to weak hand. (so that's why I ran out of bullets :surprise::surprise: )

Oh, and lets not forget the beautiful...ultra fast reload....that was not fully seated.

Anyone wanna take up Ping- pong with me? :) Then again that requires thought too!

Well after todays match....quick feet is the last thing I need to worry about. I think I need a SHRINK!!

Two major brain fades on two different stages. To make matters worse, once I goof up I go into panic mode and fire away. Had a few Mikes which I cannot stand. Failed to reload before going to weak hand. (so that's why I ran out of bullets :surprise::surprise: )

Oh, and lets not forget the beautiful...ultra fast reload....that was not fully seated.

Anyone wanna take up Ping- pong with me? :) Then again that requires thought too!

Well, I know who you are now... B)

Yesterday was a "Go Fast" day for me. I was practicing shooting at a faster pace at the same match. I had my share of mikes, but I firmly believe you have to push the edge to get the edge to move. It was a good match to utilize for this.

Thread Drift: The two field courses at York's last match were mine. I have given Howard more for the April match too. They are, um, difficult stages, ya lets go with that... ;)