Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel City Carbine Match

Saturday is now full. I'll start a waiting list for Saturday and will check with the registered Saturday shooters to see if any of them want to shoot Sunday. There are 30 people registered to shoot Sunday, so it's still wide open.

If you want to shoot Saturday, send in your application and registration fee. I won't deposit your check until you're confirmed to shoot.

Thanks,

David

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Weather Gods have blessed this match.

Birmingham Forecast for the weekend.

Fri

May 29

Partly Cloudy

80°

63°

20%

From the Northwest

8mph

Sat

May 30

Sunny

83°

64°

0%

From the North

5mph

Sun

May 31

Sunny

88°

68°

0%

From the East Northeast

3mph

88 wow I'm loading up the ice box!

Dragon's playing head games on y'all: the Louisiana shooters on Squad 5 ain't scared of a little heat...88 degrees is just barely breaking a sweat here on the bayou south of I-10 :roflol:

One Gatorade oughta do it.

Curtis

Yes, I try my best to cover all aspects with match prep including ordering up good weather LOL. We've gone from needing rain gear to needing sunscreen and plenty to drink!

Both days are maxed, stages are set and up. It's going to be a big time. Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

David

How is the shooting going, update please.

Not sure other than what was happening Stage 7 (were I was camped all day), but lots of folks had fun shooting through the 2" slots in the walls. Watch the cant and off set on your optics and don't let your front sight hang in the wall.

Brian's right about spending a lot of time on your knees in this match...

See ya'll in Squad 4 tomorrow!

David and crew,

Another high quality match from you. Saturday ran very smoth for us on squad two. I had a good time shooting (and laughing at myself). Man, the prize table was awesome. I don't know how you manage all of this. I hope that you never get tired of putting these matches on.

Hurley

I had a really great time at the match. To everyone that missed this one; David and crew really outdid themselves. I thought last years match was really good, but this year was just awsome. If you enjoy shooting tactical rifles you need to put this match on your short list of matches you must attend. To everyone involved with making this match happen I would like to extend a big thank you for all your hard work. To everyone shooting the match today; enjoy yourselves. Thanks again to everyone for an awsome match.

Excellent match David!!! :cheers:

I really appreciated all the stages and the wonderful folks working the match. This was my first foray into tactical irons and it won't be my last.

Hopalong, nice to meet you in person and squad with you.

Looking forward to the scores,

John

Another GREAT MATCH.....I'm sure the last one was too if I had gotten to shoot all the stages...OH, the LIVE SNAKE was pretty FUNNY also, NOT....I asked David what kind it was and he stated " I don't know but it bit the shit out of Steve while he was triying to catch it"....THATS FUNNY right there!! Thanks to all the shooters who ventured out and continue to GROW this match, it is much appreciated.

Randal

Thanks to everyone for your kind words about the match. Kim and I enjoyed seeing everyone and will look forward to doing another next year.

We're still getting the scoring touched up (hunting a few score sheets) and will e-mail and post on the Steel City website early next week. I want to make sure they're as correct as possible before sending out the results. Thank you for your patience.

Tentative congratulations to the winners of the categories:

Rob Romero - Tac Optics

Ryan Nowell - Tac Irons

Brent Sansing - Heavy Metal Optics

Nathan Lane - Heavy Metal Irons

David

Edited by dt1

I'm just beside myself on how awesome this match was. David,Randall,Steffan.....you guys continue to outdo yourselves every match and I'm proud to call you guys some close friends. I shoot alot of big 3 gun matches around the country and will say that the carbine matches at Steel City/Brocks Gap are my absolute favorite to shoot. And lucky for me I've only got to travel an hour and 45 minutes to get there.

This year the two day format was cool and the sponsors really stepped up and supported the match. That prize table was rich. And I like the idea of awarding some order of finish and random draw. Thank you to all the sponsors who stepped up. You guys keep our sport alive.

Thank you to all the hard working RO's. Without you volunteering our game could not happen.

And Thank You to the setup crew and stage designers. Great stages this year. And support staff did an awesome job of keeping the water coolers full and taking care of the other ancillary duties.

Just all in all A GREAT FREAKING MATCH!!!! Thanks again and congrats to the winners and top finishers! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Dave great match. Stages were great and were very well designed for the room you had to work with. You even put some so tight to cover I ran right past them. Excellent job by all the Staff and RO's and thanks to everyone. Thanks to all the sponsers who suppoted the match. The guys from SC will be back next year.

Mike