Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Casepro 100 - information

Alan Adamson

ong45> I understand the purpose of the Casepro. I am just wondering if it can be used to undersize cases instead of just bringing them back to the standard size. I need something that will undersize the whole case down to .415. I will have to give the guy that makes these systems a call to see if its possible.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ong45> I understand the purpose of the Casepro. I am just wondering if it can be used to undersize cases instead of just bringing them back to the standard size. I need something that will undersize the whole case down to .415. I will have to give the guy that makes these systems a call to see if its possible.

You can put a very thin shim behind one or both sides of the die plates to effectively undersize the bottom of the case. I don't think that it will affect the upper 2/3rds of the case though.

You can put a very thin shim behind one or both sides of the die plates to effectively undersize the bottom of the case. I don't think that it will affect the upper 2/3rds of the case though.

That could work , if you shim it though you will also size the rim down smaller than intended maybe deforming it.

Custom dies might be required.

btw, what benefits did you see from sizing the case down to .415 ?

ong45> I need to undersize the full case on my .40 rounds to get reliable feeding out of my EAA Witness Limited. I am currently using the Gizmo with an undersize EGW die to bring the cases down to .415 and it works good. Its a tedious job with the Gizmo and I am looking for an alternate solution to make it easier.

ong45> I need to undersize the full case on my .40 rounds to get reliable feeding out of my EAA Witness Limited. I am currently using the Gizmo with an undersize EGW die to bring the cases down to .415 and it works good. Its a tedious job with the Gizmo and I am looking for an alternate solution to make it easier.

Have you thought about reaming your chamber? That sounds like too much work to get a gun to run reliably.

I use the CasePro and a U-die for my wife's Tanfo, ammo is now not an issue...

The CasePro will do a bucket of brass in the time it takes for 1k thru the Gizmo... :cheers:

The CasePro will not undersize brass on its own as it only resizes and reconditions the bottom 1/3rd.

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

Well I guess you can add me to the "happy camper list", as the UPS guy dropped off two boxes today from none other than CASEPRO. Let me be the first to tell you what a long six months it was waiting....waiting....waiting.

A big thank you to Alan Adamson for his "stepping up to the plate", and keeping the ball rolling! BTW, my package was a Casepro-100 with duplex 38 super & 40 cal. dies, and 1/2 mount kit for adding a Dillon case feeder.

Edited by roddy wilder

Alan, I have shipped a couple of machines and some die sets with what I had in stock for dies in the right combo. I just made more dies this week and they should be here by Monday from heat treating. I will then start fitting and shipping. I hope to have them all shipped before Christmas.

Just heard from Mike again... looks like those waiting will have a merry christmas :).... More as I know and I promise to share it.

Alan

Just a quick update, nothing really new to report. Those that are waiting will be contacted directly by Mike to finalize the order. I've provided him the list that I gathered.

I've asked him in return to send me back that list with some notes as to who's been filled and who hasn't so that I can help with inquiries of what waiting order people are in.

He had original said that he was going to filling orders prior to Christmas. I hope that's correct. If you were on my list and you get one (I know a couple who have), please post back here with successful receipt. This will help others that monitor this thread and me out with knowing the pipeline is flowing (might be a trickle, but anything is better than nothing - right) :).

Lastly, I had quite a list of inquiries spread out since the summer when I started this effort, I do not know how many units Mike did. I do expect however that he'll fill them all, it just may mean that it will occur in different lots. I know he has the bases cast in lots for example.

So, there, hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a CasePro 100 is wrapped under the tree, if not, hang in there - as they say, "good things come to those that wait" :)

Alan

Mike called me Saturday, he said he had ten he was putting together and they should ship this week. Thanks Alan, for getting things going.

John, that's great news...As a point of reference, you were 4th on my list :)

I'm fairly certain he has more than 10, just probably batching them in groups of 10... I think my list alone was close to 20 :)...

Can't wait to hear that you guys have them coming... been a long road, but I'm still optimistic that all will get what they want... he does seem like a really great guy, but a very busy one...

Alan

Edited by Alan Adamson

And the good Mr. Fleury also called me yesterday (12/14) telling me my unit was ready. :cheers:

Thanks again, Alan, for taking the lead on this.

Kevin

eta: per Alan, I was 11th on the list.

Edited by kevin c

And the good Mr. Fleury also called me yesterday (12/14) telling me my unit was ready. :cheers:

Thanks again, Alan, for taking the lead on this.

Kevin

eta: per Alan, I was 11th on the list.

Now you guys are gonna kill me...

Let's not start a where am I in the list thing... I've got lists that go back to April of this year! He's starting at the top , the 2 identified above where at the top of the list. He's also filling the ones as he has all the components together for them. Some of you have more complex wish lists than others, so do be surprised if he hunts a pecks a little...

BTW, I'm not going to post the list to the forum as I really don't want to breach the seller rules of the forum.... I simply tried to help with something that I was interested in as well and I hope that this all comes to fruition... If anyone is curious, I was first on my list and I haven't got a call yet :)... I'm not worried, he'll call/email each of you when hes got your order together.... and if someone gets missed, I'll certainly poke him to make sure it wasn't an oversight.

Thanks,

Alan

Edited by Alan Adamson

I just got my call :)...

Talked to Mike today, he's got 5-6 units ready to ship. He's gone thru the list and some people haven't gotten back to him. Don't flood me with inquires, as I don't know that he's completely thru the list, but he made 29 in this run and so that should cover most of the pent up demand.

Drop me a PM if you think you were missed, make sure I have valid email, phone and name so I can get it over to mike. I'll make one run thru trying to close any gaps and then you'll be on your own if you don't reply.

Alan

I received my call last week. Mike told me he was dialing up the folks on the list and asking who wanted a CasePro now that it's time to "$hit or get off the pot" (my words). He said some folks were dropping their orders. Bad economy? Christmas bills? Who knows. Mines on the way. :cheers:

Alan, thank you for the time and effort to get the CasePro ball rolling again. :cheers:

Merry Christmas,

Pat

Edited by whatmeworry

• 2 weeks later...