Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What rifle powder has the biggest flash?

-JQ-

After my latest Class III shoot we were discussing how to get the biggest flash for the camera.

Obviously this is strictly for goofing around and tacticool video fun.

This would be for 7.62 run through either an Hk G3 or HK51...or possibly 5.56 through HK33. Taking off the flash hidder does make a bigger flash...who knew those things really worked so well... :wacko: ...but we are looking for big honkin fireballs...

Any commercial ammo known for its flash would be welcomed info too.

I know DeGroat makes flash enhancers but that just seems gratuitous ... :roflol:

TIA

Joel

i bought some miltary 55 gr in Lake City brass that i was told was Fed ammo. Nice ammo. With a Miculek comp not bad but with a Benny comp WOW!!! :surprise: flames 2 feet out each side in the day light. i really want some evening shots of it but have been able to take any.

Just take off all muzzle devices, no brake, no A2 birdcage, nothing..

Most .223 should then give a good show, just did this the other day !!

When we were shooting the other day we did just that. Unfortunately the snow "blinded" our fireballs on the video...dusk is what we really need. The 9" barrel 7.62 doesn't need much enhancement for mucho fire but more is always better :mellow:

I was just curious as I'm a new reloader too...although I haven't done any rifle yet -just 45.

So the suggestion for slow powder gets less burn in the round and more outside the barrel?

:cheers:

Just take off all muzzle devices, no brake, no A2 birdcage, nothing..

Most .223 should then give a good show, just did this the other day !!

When we were shooting the other day we did just that. Unfortunately the snow "blinded" our fireballs on the video...dusk is what we really need. The 9" barrel 7.62 doesn't need much enhancement for mucho fire but more is always better :mellow:

I was just curious as I'm a new reloader too...although I haven't done any rifle yet -just 45.

So the suggestion for slow powder gets less burn in the round and more outside the barrel?

:cheers:

When I shot the other day it was with 25grains of H335 under a 55FMJ. The fireball was clearly visible without

a muzzle device in the daylight. So much so that the target would be obscured with fire !! :D