Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not your old literature professor's Peugeot

Neomet

That's the Pikes Peak Hillclimb, I look at Pikes Peak out my window every day.

Those drivers do indeed have tremendous courage, for other videos search for Rod Millen, Monster Tajima, and Rhys Millen or just Pikes Peak Hillclimb.

I had the privilege to work with a team running this race one year and the driver confirmed to me that they are letting it all hang out up there. Remarkably there have only been a few fatalities, one of which occurred while I was on the mountain unfortunately.

This is the second oldest continuous race in the us (Indy 500 is first) yet it has basically zero prize money and isn't televised in any significant way.

... yet it has basically zero prize money and isn't televised in any significant way.

Kinda like USPSA...

Colorado is next on my list for my next big 4x4 adventure - the place looks beautiful.

Those Pikes Peak guys are crazy...

Might only be 900 hp but the torque is INSANE, and it sounds like the trans keeps it down where it pulls hard. Must be an Allison, it seems to be working right LOL. Huge torque with good HP is what moves heavy vehicles the best.

I read that when Ari Vatanen prepared for the hill climb, he could in his mind rehearse the whole race from start to finish. Every turn, in what gear and so on.

He timed him self during the mental rehearsals with at stop watch and it matched his actual race time within seconds...... that's how well these drivers has to know the course to be able to keep such high speeds.

I wish I always could remember all target locations on a COF....

Might only be 900 hp but the torque is INSANE, and it sounds like the trans keeps it down where it pulls hard. Must be an Allison, it seems to be working right LOL. Huge torque with good HP is what moves heavy vehicles the best.

A turbo that could digest a basketball doesn't hurt either though...

Matt, I thought that was powered by a Mercedes Diesel? Not just via the Mercedes/Freightliner relationship, but something MB cooked up for the truck?

A turbo that could digest a basketball doesn't hurt either though...

Matt, I thought that was powered by a Mercedes Diesel? Not just via the Mercedes/Freightliner relationship, but something MB cooked up for the truck?

Mercedes owns DDC... It's actually a Marine version of the Series 60, which is actually MTU (DDC owns something like 49% of that company).

Guy that helped tune the engine last year sits at the desk next to mine.