Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ for IDPA and production

Beretta Lover

If a person wanted to pay the money for the best CZpistol for IDPA and USPSA production which variant would it be and what features would they want?

deckocker vs safety?

Can the gun make weight in both leagues and fit in the box in both leagues.

Is there any illegality in IDPA ESP or USPSA production because of the full length light rail?

DOes the CZ Kadet .22 kit fit on it?

Just wondering.

Best CZ gun for USPSA Production and IDPA

CZ Shadow.

it is set to go for USPSA and IPSC production from the box. trigger is good from the factory..but with a little work can be made super sweet.

to make it legal for IPDA SSP and ESP you have to shed some weight. lightweight wood grips does most of it, but with a switch of some factory parts you can save a few more .1 of ounces to get to the 39 ounce weight limit..once you make weight..you will be good to go in ESP.

advantages of the Shadow over the other CZs as it comes from the factory.

high visibility sights, FO front, ext. upswept beavertail, beveled magwell, ext mag release, drop free mags, higher cut under triggerguard and beavertail, ext ambi safeties, NO firing pin block, hammer already cut with short hammer hooks, comes with three mags.

it is a great gun...but I am biased. :D

From what I have heard, eerw is right about the Shadow. I don't have one, but those who do, like them. I have a standard CZ 75 that I think is a very viable alternative if you want a lighter gun. The 85 Combat would be a great choice also, CZ comp hammer and sights and you are ready to go. The great positive for a 85 Combat would be that it would not have to loose weight.

CZ Shadow.

it is set to go for USPSA and IPSC production from the box. trigger is good from the factory..but with a little work can be made super sweet.

to make it legal for IPDA SSP and ESP you have to shed some weight. lightweight wood grips does most of it, but with a switch of some factory parts you can save a few more .1 of ounces to get to the 39 ounce weight limit..once you make weight..you will be good to go in ESP.

high visibility sights, FO front, ext. upswept beavertail, beveled magwell, ext mag release, drop free mags, higher cut under triggerguard and beavertail, ext ambi safeties, NO firing pin block, hammer already cut with short hammer hooks, comes with three mags.

OP Listen very carefully to this man.

/thread

CZ Shadow.

Listen to this guy. At one time or another, he has owned over 30% of CZ's total handgun production. :D

We should not forget the CZ75SA single action only version. A little work and it has a supersweet trigger. Mine breaks at 2-1/4 #, most of which is trigger return spring weight. A great ESP gun, and in .40 a great limited gun IMHO.

CZ Shadow.

What he said! :cheers:

I bought a Shadow from Angus at the CZ Custom Shop after Stuart answered a few questions. Everything he said was right on.

This one is not legal for production though is it?

We should not forget the CZ75SA single action only version. A little work and it has a supersweet trigger. Mine breaks at 2-1/4 #, most of which is trigger return spring weight. A great ESP gun, and in .40 a great limited gun IMHO.

No it is not. First shot must be double action.

No it is not. First shot must be double action.

That is of course correct. I must have missed the part about production. CZ85 Combat then. Rockin' trigger with the competition hammer.