Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newbi first post

500fan

I am very new to IPSC and would like some info on a mag holder made. They are not making them any more and was wondering if anyone had a couple to sell? They are called the Aluminator? These mag holders look great. Does anyone else make something comparable? Thanks for answering the Newbi Q&A>

Click HERE for the Aluminator website. They are going out of business.

But WHY? There are other magpouches out there that I'm sure will fill your needs. Use the force... I mean the forum seach function and you'll get a lot of very useful info.

Welcome to the forum and the sport!

Also, if you are shooting an M&P in PRODUCTION Division, then mag pouch placement and the number of magazines required might make the Aluminator less than the optimal choice.

That said, the website says they have the magholders in stock so you can order directly from the manufacturer until October 2009.

My guess is the "Aluninator" didn't cut the mustard. Find out by looking around at a match or posting here on the Forum as to the types of products for our sport. It will probably save you money in the long run and headaches in the short. Welcome to the sport, have fun.

Looked at their website and could not find a phone number or a e-mail address? I do see they will end their web site in October of 2009. Thanks.

On another note, I will be shooting production. I do realize you cannot carry your mags ahead of your hip bone. What has anyone had good luck with? I currently have a leather two mag holder by Bianchi. I just think it is too deep and will hinder trying fast reloads. It works messing around at the shooting range but you know. I just ordered a Pact timmer III and am looking forward to finding out real times of drawing and shooting. Again thanks for all of your input.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using two BladeTech doubles with Tek-Lok for my Production rig. They are adjustable, so I can use them for my M&P mags, XD's, and Beretta's. They are much faster than I am, meaning, they will release the mags a whole lot quicker than I can grab for them.

Mac

From one M&P shooter to another....I would go with CR Speed or the new Double Alpha pouches or one of the Safariland or Bladetech pouches. What ever you decide to get you need to practice with it.

I use the Blade-Tech for production and Double Alpha for Limited (M&P 9L)

I have a blade tech folded kydex (not the injection molded, but that one works fine. i was just an early adopter of the M&P), and a pair of uncle mikes double pouches. They aren't great, but they are cheap and work. I'd like to replace them, but haven't found anything really compelling that wasn't expensive.

The ghost magazine pouches with the funky plastic leaf spring deal seemed to have good retention and were pretty slick on the draw though. They fit a wide variety of mags, but not everything.

The CR-speeds have the benefit of being able to be use with lots of different mags depending on inserts and adjustment, but they are kind of bulky.