Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So who wants an 8-shot in 38super?

Rogan

We should see if they'd be interested in making a 5" 625... :rolleyes:

What a great concept!

I recall going down that road on the 5" 625 Mike...

I'm a buyer at Bangers too...as well as a forum member...this path is well worn.

I went down the exclusive road on an AR built for 3 gun in early 2008 and almost got canned for it...thanks to the market madness that started in late Oct 2008 it didn't matter too much, every AR on the shelf evaporated.

What a great concept!

I'm a buyer at Bangers too...as well as a forum member...this path is well worn.

I went down the exclusive road on an AR built for 3 gun in early 2008 and almost got canned for it...thanks to the market madness that started in late Oct 2008 it didn't matter too much, every AR on the shelf evaporated.

Well, apparently there were enough letters...we're supposed to have the 300 of the 8 shot 38 Super 627's in May 2009.

S&W # 170205 MSRP $1485.00

edit: correction on the MSRP

Edited by Middle Man

What a great concept!

Well, apparently there were enough letters...we're supposed to have the 300 of the 8 shot 38 Super 627's in May 2009.

S&W # 170205 MSRP $1259.00

Oh the humanity!!! There goes the value of everybody's 627-4!!!

Glad I dumped mine at the top. Wish I had done the same with the equity investments in my frickin' Keogh.....

What a great concept!

Who Is WE :unsure:

What a great concept!

Do you know if the barrel will be a .355-- if so, oh boy here I go again.

Why dose this have to be a performance center gun. They still come with a trigger that would take 2 men and a boy to pull. The only thing that I can see that the performance center might do to upgrade a gun for competition shooters is a longer brl and Cylinder cut for moons. I think that the way to go is to Keep the performance center out of it and keep the price down. Why pay for the performance center prices, when you are going to have to put more money in to the gun anyway. The performance center was started to do little and charge a lot to the people who don't Know the difference.

For those of you that have 38 Supers--what is the ID of the cylinder throats on your revo's

Irjet, Does 0.352 sound right? I don't meassure much and I may be doing it wrong but the forward end of the cylinder holes meassure that on a cheapo dial caliper. later rdd

For those of you that have 38 Supers--what is the ID of the cylinder throats on your revo's

Irjet, Does 0.352 sound right? I don't measure much and I may be doing it wrong but the forward end of the cylinder holes measure that on a cheapo dial caliper. later rdd

Wish you had a micrometer and telescoping gauge or ball gauge to measure. My guess it would be nice to see a throat diameter .0005 larger than bore diameter. Ideally .3555 to .3565. Since I have heard 38 supers still have .357 bore yours prolly is .3575 to .358. With the calipers that small knife edge flat would give a smaller measurement than it really is. Hope they run the supers.

:surprise:

I pickedup a 38 super a short time back, if I was one of the smiths in the performance center Id be ashamed of my self

and S&W selling those supers for that price is =shoot I cant think a proper word. Nothing in this gun I have is

something Id call special and it was in an unfired condition when I got it.

First time I took it to the range I wore out my finger shooting it.

Performance Center isnt anything special as far as I can tell.

Id rather have them put out one like the pro series they have now. <_<

Jim/PA

Saillors :devil::blush::D

everyones precious 627 357's msrp is $1375 and the v comp is $1659. a standard 6 shot 4" 686 is $909!!! seems like the super is right in the hut for Smiths PC prices. i agree thats crazy money for a #1 revolver, #2 revolver that needs work to shoot, #3 comes with ugly grips, #4 comes with an ugly hammer, #5 has that stupid lock. :cheers:

Sign me up for another one, got the cash waiting already. its not like we are going to buy a taurus. :roflol:

Scott

Edited by scottyinAZ

Irjet, Does 0.352 sound right? I don't measure much and I may be doing it wrong but the forward end of the cylinder holes measure that on a cheapo dial caliper. later rdd

Wish you had a micrometer and telescoping gauge or ball gauge to measure. My guess it would be nice to see a throat diameter .0005 larger than bore diameter. Ideally .3555 to .3565. Since I have heard 38 supers still have .357 bore yours prolly is .3575 to .358. With the calipers that small knife edge flat would give a smaller measurement than it really is. Hope they run the supers.

Irjet, I tried a 380 95 grain bullet .355 bullet, it would go through if dropped into the cylinder. I placed in the cylinder a little shaking got it through. A 357 would not fall through. I could not push it through and stopped short of driving it through with a punch. But 357 is what I shoot thrugh it. It works well. :unsure: Later rdd

Irjet, I tried a 380 95 grain bullet .355 bullet, it would go through if dropped into the cylinder. I placed in the cylinder a little shaking got it through. A 357 would not fall through. I could not push it through and stopped short of driving it through with a punch. But 357 is what I shoot thrugh it. It works well. :unsure: Later rdd

Thanks for checking that sounds good.

So, how's the accuracy on a .356 bullet? Or should I just go straight to 357?

Seiichi

Itchy, I have never tried the 356 bullet. But if no one chimes in I will try it to see if there is a difference. Later rdd

For my 686 38 super, with Billy RN 160 I go right to .3575 (advertised as .358), awesome accuracy. Defintely better than .356 which might go from .355 to .3565. I also use .356 Raniers, 151 but the 160's are more accurate.