Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heine mag well legal for CDP/ESP?

midvalleyshooter

What's your concern? That is, you're worried it's an illegal mod, or that it won't fit in the box, or ?

Rick my concern is that it involves cutting the frame and once its done, its done. What I really like about it, is that it does not add length or width. Plus I can run my Wilson mags with the smaller base pads. What I am looking for is someone who has been there and done that with this mag well.

Thanks,

Keith

I had a project gun that included that well. Unfortunately the project pooped out when the gunsmith dropped out of sight.

Just from logic...

1. The CDP and ESP rules specifically allow: "13. Beveled magazine well and add-on well extensions." No mention of the method of installation.

2. In the picture, the well appears no wider than the grip panels, and he states: "Adds no length or width to pistol.", so fitting The Box would not be a problem.

I would go for it. Will go for it if I can get my regular gunsmith on board, even though he sees no sense in the complications of machining the butt of the gun for a neater looking well.

I have the Heinie funnel on two different 1911s, one a Wilson, the other a Rock River Arms, and I love it. If you want (1) a mag funnel that (2) adds no length to the butt, this is an excellent choice. And yes, it's totally legal.

Having said all that, I really don't have a problem with the extra quarter inch an S&A adds to the gun butt. :)