Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Load for 9mm MINOR using 124/125-grains for STInger

NogNog

I am currently using 115 grains, 9mm minor for my STInger.

I see a few open gun load data of 9mm minor for STIingers in 115-grns projectiles in here, but I am not able to find loads for 9mm minor in 125-grains projectile. Does anyone have 125-grains, 9mm minor load that they want to share?

Thank you in advance. :)

Edited by NogNog

124 Precision Delta FMJ

3.8gr Titegroup

1.125" OAL

Wolf & Win primers (chronod both)

133 PF

That was using a Glock 34. The slower conventional rifling in your gun may require 4.0 if you're one of the guys that likes a lot of cushion above the power floor. I bet you'll wind up with 128-130 if you try that load through an STI barrel. :)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

A load that I use in my HiPower is:

125gr Bear Creek LRN Molycoated

Win 231 4.3gr

CCI small pistol primer

OAL 1.125"

I really like this load but it is smokey. I plan to try Solo 1000 some day as soon as I can get some more primers and run through the rest of my 231.

ETA: This data was off the Hodgdon website. Google is your friend!

Edited by JimmyZip

Most people here that shoot 9mm minor are shooting non comped production guns. The data wont really apply in your case. Personally I'd think your 115 gr load would be better as you could get more powder in the case. But for whatever reason for 124/125 gr load data to suit your needs you can go to pretty much any data manual and pick loads using the slowest suitable powders. If I had to guess I'd say Universal Clays, or Power Pistol is where I would start.

Most people here that shoot 9mm minor are shooting non comped production guns. The data wont really apply in your case. Personally I'd think your 115 gr load would be better as you could get more powder in the case. But for whatever reason for 124/125 gr load data to suit your needs you can go to pretty much any data manual and pick loads using the slowest suitable powders. If I had to guess I'd say Universal Clays, or Power Pistol is where I would start.

The 4 grains of Titegroup, behind a Zero 125 grain jhp is my 3-gun load, for my 5" open gun. :roflol: