Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Section Handgun Championship May 2,3, 2009

Hello Shooters

The AR Section has set a date for the AR Section Handgun Championship, those dates are Saturday, May 2 and Sunday, May 3, 2009. Last year we got behind on a couple of things, I guarantee that won’t happen again. So mark your Calendar for a weekend of Run-n-Gun. This is a Level II match, everyone competing will have to be an USPSA member. You do not have to be classified though. Lunch will be served on Saturday and the prizes and awards will be on Sunday. There will be 8 stages on Saturday and 4 on Sunday. Everyone should be on their way home by 1:00 PM on Sunday. Tom Loyd will have the Chronograph set up to test the Power Factor we claim we have. :rolleyes::wacko: I know I’ll be tweaking my load. Please contact us if there are any questions.

2009_AR_Section_Handgun_Champ.pdf

We will have Tom Duchmann, our regular vendor at the match. Contact Tom if you would like any powder, primers, bullets, any goodies. Tom said the only way to guarantee delivery is to contact him 2 or 3 weeks before the match. Tom's phone number is 504-458-0093, leave a message if you miss him. Tom's email is L1670@AOL.COM

Thanks

Ron Johnston

CASA

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I finally have the Hotel information for the Section Match.

Ron

2009 Arkansas Section Handgun Championship Hotels

I have contacted several hotels in the West Little Rock area and have arranged special pricing at the three listed below. This pricing is good through April 15, 2009 when the prices go up to their regular rates which are significantly higher. Be sure to mention the 2009 Arkansas Section Handgun Championship.

La Quinta Inn Little Rock West:

20 rooms blocked

5 smoking doubles @ $62.10 plus tax per-night

10 non-smoking doubles @ $62.10 plus tax per-night

5 non-smoking Kings @ 67.10 plus tax per-night

Telephone - 1-501-224-0900

Candlewood Suites:

16 rooms

8 double @ $89.00 plus tax per-night

8 kings @ 79.00 plus tax per-night

Telephone – 1-501-975-3800

Springhill Suites:

20 rooms

15 double

5 Kings

Rate = $85.00 plus tax per-night

Telephone – 1-501-978-6000

If you would prefer other accommodations, you can Google West little Rock hotels and look at any other properties in the area. For those of you wishing to stay outside of the Little Rock area a Google search of the desired area should work too.

Make your reservations early so as to secure a room in the property of your choice. See you on the range.

We will not have any activities at any of the Hotels. There is not a "Match Hotel" so to speak. We were just able to get a discount from a couple of Hotels.

Bob Houston

CASA USPSA Director

• 1 month later...

Here are the 2009 AR Handgun Stages. The match is coming up pretty quick, only about 6 weeks before the match and 4 weeks before the late fee starts. I hope to see all the new friends I've made over the years. :rolleyes:

Write or call me with any questions.

thanks

Ron Johnston

501-821-5611

2009_AR_Handgun_Section_Stages.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
naw I am not that good with a revolver yet, besides i'm not even classified yet. I think I will do limited or prod.

Shawn,

See you there buddy.. Lets plan on a cold one Saturday night.. Where you all staying?

Mike

We will stay at the cheapest cockroach motel that is possible, LOL we like those $39.99 a night rooms. Do you have any suggestions? why stop with (1) cold one? :cheers:

Hopefully it will be better than the place we just stayed at, it was in a dry county.

Aw..........

Come on Shawn, you gotta start somewhere, Arkansas is as good as anywhere.

Plus you can talk that other Kansas wheelgunner into coming.

Hop

The way I shot this weekend in limited, I think I should shoot something else, maybe 22LR :surprise: Edited by Spray_N_Prey

Shawn

the cheapest decent place i know is La Quinta in West Little Rock.

200 S Shackleford Rd, Little Rock, AR‎ - (501) 224-0900‎

they said a double twin bed room was $66 plus tax. = $72 a night. they have some right now for May 2 and 3.

see ya

ron j

And that is where we are staying now. Thanks Ron.. See you there..

Shawn,

You talked me into it.. 3 beers!

True Revolver shooters stay at the Motel 6. Oh wait that's Mike... nevermind :rolleyes: See you thar Hop. later rdd

Is there a confirmation process. I sent my application in and have yet to hear anything.

Tom, our SC is not very good about sending out emails. But if you mailed your stuff, then you in.

I look forward to seeing everyone again. :cheers:

Ron

Hello Shooters

Ken Butler, a bullet maker is coming to the AR Section Handgun Championship on May 2,3. Give Ken a call if you need either lead, or plated bullets. He also said he has powder. Call Ken and ask him for details. There will not be any shipping charges if you pick up your order at the Section Match.

Ken Butler 479-461-6500 cell. 8am - 9pm Leave a message if he doesn’t answer. http://www.bulletworks.com/ipsc_bullets.html

(no primers as of yet, maybe in a couple months)

Thanks

Ron Johnston

CASA