Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Miamisburg Sportsmen’s Club Classifier Match (March 8) - Ohio

Hello fellow shooters,

The Miamisburg Sportmen’s club will be hosting a special 6 classifier match on Sunday, March 8. The classifiers will be:

99-21 Mini-Mart

99-22 Nuevo El Presidente

06-03 Can You Count

99-10 Times Two

99-46 Close Quarters Standards

99-08 Melody Line

Sign-up starts at 9:00am and shooting begins at 10:00am. Reshoots will be allowed after all competitors have shot through the match once. The match will be held both indoors and outdoors so please dress and plan accordingly.

The club is located in southwest Ohio, and directions can be found on the club website:

http://miamisburgsportsmensclub.org . Please feel free to email me with any questions: schulg@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Gerald Schul

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Gerald.

For those of you in or around Ohio who do not know Gerald, he shoots with us at Miamisburg Sportsmen club, and not only is a great Prod. shooter, but lately has been helping Robert Bandt with stage / match design and has been coming up with some really great matches lately. As you know great stage design on an indoor range is difficult at best and Gerald does it with flying colors.

Everyone, come to the classifier match on Sunday if you can, but come on Monday nights for some of the best indoor practical shooting around Ohio. Those of you who ever shot with us at Sim Trainer know we could face some interesting stages at the mercy of stage designer Bill Seevers (BSeevers on here) and following in Robert Brandts footsteps ..... Gerald has kept that going at Miamisburg! And it's still less than $10 for 3 stages of fun! :)

Thanks for some great stages Gerald. :cheers: Keep it up.

Sounds Good Fellas, I imagine if it is cold here on that morning it will be slightly colder up there. You guys are about ..what 3 hrs north of Lexington or so. ..Too easy, I am gonna make the trip...Seeya

You might be an hour early...I think it's closer to 2hrs. :)

Sounds Good Fellas, I imagine if it is cold here on that morning it will be slightly colder up there. You guys are about ..what 3 hrs north of Lexington or so. ..Too easy, I am gonna make the trip...Seeya

You might be an hour early...I think it's closer to 2hrs. :)

...but don't forget ohio is eastern time zone

Tony, come an hour early and you can help setup. We talked it over and we're even willing to pay you TWICE what the regular setup guys get. :rolleyes:

Either way it will be good to see you, dude. Come on up. Micah still owes you money, doesn't he ? ;)

Yea actually Micah does owe me money.....I remember now....something to do with a Smurf Blue AR15 Lower receiver specially made by a Master Gunsmith with unquestionable skills, a high pitch voice and low testosterone levels....Oh wait, he already paid for that...maybe it was line dance lessons...oh I don't remember...

• 4 weeks later...

It was exactly 1 week ago that I posted that crap about Ohio weather and it turns out I was right ....... except this time it's the exact opposite. I just heard it's supposed to be in the 50's this weekend which is perfect shooting weather. :rolleyes:

But for all those who DO NOT know what Ohio weather is like here are a few examples to help you out:

(Jeff Foxworthy voice on)

1. If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in Ohio.

(I think he's talking about Pharoh Bender here)

2. If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you may live in Ohio.

3. If "Vacation" means going any where south of Philadelphia for the weekend, you may live in Ohio.

4. If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you may live in Ohio.

5. If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Ohio .

6. If you have switched from "Heat" to "A/C" and back again in the same day, you may live in Ohio.

7. If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you may live in Ohio.

8. If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snow suit, you may live in Ohio.

9. If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you may live in Ohio .

10. If you know all 4 seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Road Construction, you may live in Ohio.

:cheers:

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Well, my wife informed me a couple days ago that she signed us up for a seminar for the weekend of this match. I had planned on trying to make it to C-ville and to M-burg but my plan has been shot down. I guess I won't start shooting again until March 22 at Miami Rifle. So you folks have fun. See you soon.

Dan, you should try to tell Matt Cheely that this is what he has to look forward to, but I doubt he'll listen. :rolleyes: He's in love. :wub:

Ya, I know. I just didn't want to rain on his parade. Maybe it will be different for Matt. I do believe she shoots as well.

What really stinks is that I don't get to see that pistol of yours. It is pretty sweet!

Edited by dcarter

We hosted the Area 5 in 1994 or 1995. The range is entirely different now, more bays specifically for pistol, and better ventilation in the indoor range. If we can just get the drainage right...