Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

11-87 Jamage

lynn jones

i have a 11-87 set up for 3-gun. i had a malfunction that i can't seem to fix. i have a 10 round mag extension on the gun with no other modifications.

the problem is that after firing the next round gets stuck half way out of the magazine into the carrier. any ideas?

lynn

Does your 11-87 have the dimples in the end of the factory tube like other Remington models do? I had an issue with my 1100 not feeding just right and I found that after I went back in w/ the dremel and really cleaned up those dimples to make the tube smooth inside that it started working the way I wanted. Not sure it's your issue but it's something simple to check.

Verify that short-strokin' isn't the culprit first. clean the gas system, replace o-ring and lube. If that doesn't fix it, then it is probably interceptor latch. You just have to stake in a new one. I have had it done, but don't know how to do it myself.

BTW, I use a spring length that leaves at least 14"+ of open spring before compression. This prevents spring related jams 100% of the time. Beven Gram's springs are the total shiznit here :-)

Verify that short-strokin' isn't the culprit first. clean the gas system, replace o-ring and lube. If that doesn't fix it, then it is probably interceptor latch. You just have to stake in a new one. I have had it done, but don't know how to do it myself.

BTW, I use a spring length that leaves at least 14"+ of open spring before compression. This prevents spring related jams 100% of the time. Beven Gram's springs are the total shiznit here :-)

you don't stake the interceptor latch-george is referring to the feed latch. do a search on interceptor latch-a few threads cover that issue. and since there is no shawn carlock, yer on yer own.

Where can I get them? I don't see them on http://www.gramsengineering.com/products/?...amp;iCategory=5

i have a 11-87 set up for 3-gun. i had a malfunction that i can't seem to fix. i have a 10 round mag extension on the gun with no other modifications.

the problem is that after firing the next round gets stuck half way out of the magazine into the carrier. any ideas?

lynn

A friend of mine had exact same problem. I took his 11-87 JP gun to another friend he is a very good smith JOJO’s gun works http://www.jojosgunworks.com/photos.html I am not sure what he did, but it worked. You can tell him Vladimir told you to contact them. Ask for Jody or John. Good luck