Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help Post broke off North Mountain holder

LPatterson

How can I contact the manufacturer?

Saw another one do that. Didn't snap off completely, just allowed the post to hang horizontal. Gave the appearance there was someone he was real glad to see, at least in a small way.

Edited by Tom E

There have been a few instances of that happening, but the manufacturer has been great about fixing them promptly for everyone who has experienced the problem.

Like any other piece of equipment, it helps to treat the product as gently as possible. Try not to bend the kydex any further than necessary to load the moonclips, and move the unit off to the side before flopping prone, etc.

There have been a few instances of that happening, but the manufacturer has been great about fixing them promptly for everyone who has experienced the problem.

Like any other piece of equipment, it helps to treat the product as gently as possible. Try not to bend the kydex any further than necessary to load the moonclips, and move the unit off to the side before flopping prone, etc.

Mr. Perdue took prompt and excellent care of me

Mr. Perdue took prompt and excellent care of me

I just ordered my 8 moon hloder today based on this info. Thanks!

My Son operates a metal fabrication business near Las Vegas and we are working on an all-metal

version similar to the one in question. Of course, it will be slightly heavier but very durable.

I will be putting it through the paces at Richmond HotShots Range in Northern California when completed.

We have no plans to market it .... I just want a reliable platform for Revolver competition.

+1 I use my 4 post for my 610 and I can put 12 full moons on it! I normally just put 9 or 10 just because the top 2 moons are so quick to get being at the top of the posts. Of course my 40 S&W rounds are shorter and I can get away with that. Top of the line product. You won't regret getting your North Mountain holder.

Try not to bend the kydex any further than necessary to load the moonclips, and move the unit off to the side before flopping prone, etc.

I agree but there's this: 5.2.5.3 Unless specified in the written stage briefing, or unless required by a Range Officer, the position of holsters and allied equipment must not be moved or changed by a competitor during a match. Does this get enforced or does common sense prevail?

Try not to bend the kydex any further than necessary to load the moonclips, and move the unit off to the side before flopping prone, etc.

I agree but there's this: 5.2.5.3 Unless specified in the written stage briefing, or unless required by a Range Officer, the position of holsters and allied equipment must not be moved or changed by a competitor during a match. Does this get enforced or does common sense prevail?

Good point, Tom. I hadn't thought of that. Fortunately prone stages are pretty rare in USPSA, I was mainly thinking of the typical ICORE standards where most of the shooters go prone on the long stuff. Not sure whether the ICORE rules address it or not.