Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger's new 38 (think J-frame)

Flexmoney

Saw one LCR at the Des Moines fairgrounds gun show today. The rotten-ass gouger had it priced at.....(brace yourself).....$650.

Gimme a friggin' break.

But I found a pristine pre-lock S&W 337 Airlite (10.7 ounces) and bought it instead--for a whole lot less cash!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw one today at a gun show in Atlanta for $560.

Saw one LCR at the Des Moines fairgrounds gun show today. The rotten-ass gouger had it priced at.....(brace yourself).....$650.

Gimme a friggin' break.

But I found a pristine pre-lock S&W 337 Airlite (10.7 ounces) and bought it instead--for a whole lot less cash!

Gimme a friggin' break.

You went back and snagged it huh? Did he forget what price he was asking again??? :roflol:

I couldn't help myself, I had to take a pic of that retardedly overpriced ruger

img009.jpg

I really wanted to check it out but I didn't want to waste my time with someone who is asking so much over what it's really worth.

Nice find! IIRC, the now-discontinued 337 is the lightest J Frame made.

Supposedly the 351PD is 10.4 oz and the 2" 317 is 10.5, but those don't really count since they're rimfires! Anyway, the 337 will be a perfect replacement for the 340SC I traded off awhile back.

Supposedly the 351PD is 10.4 oz and the 2" 317 is 10.5, but those don't really count since they're rimfires! Anyway, the 337 will be a perfect replacement for the 340SC I traded off awhile back.

yep - and who the heck shoots full power .357 out of a 12 OZ J Frame anyway?? I'm not particularly recoil sensitive, but it's still a +p .38 gun to me . . .

yep - and who the heck shoots full power .357 out of a 12 OZ J Frame anyway?? I'm not particularly recoil sensitive, but it's still a +p .38 gun to me . . .

I tried. It hurt. :wacko:

Same here.

same here here

I got to handle one today. Price tag said $485. Feels bulkier and heavier than my 360PD, especially with the Hogue grip. The trigger guard seems huge! I couldn't see carrying this in my pocket as easily as my j-frame. The trigger pull is interesting. Lighter than a typical stock S&W for sure. I could feel a couple places where there is a "bump" in the pull. I could also feel the break point, at which there was a very crisp, clean break. I could also see how this trigger might be prone to short stroking. One of the "bumps" in the trigger movement can deceptively give the feel that it has come all the way forward when it hasn't. The motion to fully reset feels longer than I'm used to and I short stroked it more than once in rapid dry fire. It would take some getting used to.

Interesting concept, but I think I'll stick with my current j-frame. I'm not sure how many Ruger will be able to sell at this price point. I'd want to see the new trigger design out there a lot longer before trusting it for a carry gun.

Edited by AustinMike

I have always liked Rugers. The idea of the "trigger assembly" is intriguing, I guess we'll see what people are saying about them in another year when they've been through the mill. I'm just wondering if they're trying to re-invent the wheel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Shot a couple of these this weekend.

Dang I hate to admit it but I like it.

I will own one. ASAP!

I also shot one today. Must admit trigger action was much better than a standard J frame. Would be neat to see this type of action in a GP 100

Shot a couple of these this weekend.

Dang I hate to admit it but I like it.

I will own one. ASAP!

I also shot one today. Must admit trigger action was much better than a standard J frame. Would be neat to see this type of action in a GP 100

I played with one at SHOT this year and the trigger on it was rough.

Should not have been in talking to Ken Jorgensen because there is nothing to change or adjust but it was.

Either way the the 3 I shot and handled this week were all very smooth.

Edited by vrmn1