Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sub Two Second Bill Drill

spook

Well, I guess it ain't much, but it made me happy for a minute or two. I have struggled with my revolver splits. They wouldn't go below .30, I practiced. They wouldn't go below .25, I practiced some more.

I tried a couple of Bill Drills tonight.

Third run:

Draw: 0.91

Split: 0.22

Split: 0.21

Split: 0.20

All A's at 7y. For a nice 1.98s Bill Drill. Now I can't wait for that first .19 split. B)

Flex: Thanks. Yeah, I know I was doing something different, but I still can't figure out what. :huh:;)

Arvid: Don't tell them my other 5 tries sucked. It'll put some pressure on them. ;)

eerw: Thanks.

any tips for us novices...

LOL, I still consider myself a big fat novice. I just worked pretty hard on my draw (dryfire), and worked my butt off dryfiring the gun as fast as I can without disturbing the sight picture.

Readers take note: This accomplishment was no accident. He earned it in practice.

"I just worked pretty hard on my draw (dryfire), and worked my butt off dryfiring the gun as fast as I can whitout disturbing the sight picture."

This accomplishment is available to anyone who wants it bad enough to work hard for it.

Attaboy,

SA

Welll Spook i don't know what you were doing different yesterday also but i noticed you were :

- relaxed (after the first 15-20 shots we fired yesterday)

- you were determined to break that 2.0 second barrier.

That few weeks we missed you at the range worked well for you, welcome back!

Adrie

I finally made it into the sub 2 second Bill Drill club at the range today. Another year of work and maybe I'll be able to do it on demand. Also had a 1.99 draw, shoot one, reload, shoot one today. 0.88 draw, 1.11 reload. Have yet to do a one sec reload, most were around 1.3 today.

The thing is, some of the times I've been reading about on the forums are starting to seem possible, and for a long time it seemed I'd never even get close.

Congrats Spook! It feels good!

Congrats John. Remember that some of the times you see posted are...shall we say, the best effort on the best day ever. I think Brian called them the limits of human function in his book.

As for dry fire, I am a real believer in the value of dry fire, but I come from the school of thought that to get really good will require a ton of live fire. To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to duplicate the timing or impulse of a pistol without making a lot of noise. Besides a boom is much more impressive than a click, lol.