Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Space City Challenge 2009

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Landis, just curious if you guys will be posting stage descriptions ahead of the match?

Dave...sorry for the slow response. Yes, we'll be posting the stages soon and I'm glad that you'll be there!

Landis

There is nothing nice in that area, you can try interstate 35 or "NASA 1" which is about 15 miles east of the range.

I looked in Friendswood, and Alvin and found nothing decent, We will be at the comfort inn in Alvin, which is not comfortable.

There is nothing nice in that area, you can try interstate 35 or "NASA 1" which is about 15 miles east of the range.

I looked in Friendswood, and Alvin and found nothing decent, We will be at the comfort inn in Alvin, which is not comfortable.

the online pics of the hotel looked alright...i guess they can show whatever they want. is it at least clean or are we talking cheap motel quality?

about how far is the comfort inn from the range?

Ken, Comfort Inn seems alright, Stayed there last year,Get non smoking room. Close to the range.

the online pics of the hotel looked alright...i guess they can show whatever they want. is it at least clean or are we talking cheap motel quality?

about how far is the comfort inn from the range?

Maybe 2-3 miles, Get non smoking room. close to Joe's barbecue house and wal-mart.

when is the squadding going to open up again?

Sorry about the 1 week snafu in the online squadding. There was a problem with the way we were registering and the USPSA system. That's worked out now so that online squadding is back up. Unfortunately there will be a little lag in the registration process since all of the entries now have to go through EzWinScore. If anyone has a question regarding an app that they sent in then contact tsssc@texassouthsection.com.

Edited by sidnal

Ken, Comfort Inn seems alright, Stayed there last year,Get non smoking room. Close to the range.

Troy stayed at the Comfort Inn when he taught our RO class and he said it was okay. It was the nicest hotel that I could find in the area so I made a deal for them to give us a dicounted rate. It's too bad that there's no 4+ star hotels in the area, but I understand that this decent. If you mention SCC then you'll get a discount that will help some too! Let me know how it is...we want to be sure you come back next year!

Get your entry forms in soon if you want to squad with your friends. We are not taking any more shirt orders b/c of the timelag for getting them stiched. Come one guys...we're going to be shooting in 2 weeks...stop procrastinating and get your apps in!

Edited by sidnal

We have a few new sponsors for SCC this year. One of them is BrassMagnet.com. They distribute very large weighted nets that area awesome to use for practice sessions. They make picking up brass a snapp. A friend had one at the range...it worked into being my next purchase. Sure makes it easier to pick up the brass.

Andy wants to give is earned slot to a new shooter. We decided that this should be a member that got their USPSA card w/in the last 30 days.

Tell one of your new shooter frients that they can have this slot if they qualify.

'