Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE Southern Regional

Cliff maybe you should get some more moonclips :ph34r:

Who do I see about that???

Cliff, are you staying with Jbag & Danbagger this weekend?

mike

That's the plan.

OK, today Dan returned the Vet Reference medical books that he borrowed from my wife that she uses in her clinic, one of the books appeared to have had a section photocopied from it, you could tell by the way the spine of the book was bent and the pages were a little out of wack. The section copied was 4.2.5 thru 4.3.8, all about castration of farm animals.

Good luck with the match, tell Elliot hi for me and I'm sorry I couldn't make the match.

Michaels

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As this is my first match at the southern Regional, I am impressed with the range and staff. Great place to shoot.

my shooting stinks and am i am having the time of my life.

Must be true what they say about wheelgunners. Only time I heard any moaning is when Bubber didn't even shoot at one of the targets :)

Gonna see about shooting the ICORE Cup in Miss. and Rick's match in Ark.

Will post a link to the results when available.

Scooter, don't be in a rush to post that link to the scores. I'm not sure I want to see how bad I really did. <_<

On a more positive note, I have to say that I can't remember a match that I have enjoyed more, and that includes past Southern Regionals, Gator Classics, and Miss. Classics. I was fortunate enough to shoot on a great squad that included John Bagakis, Dan Carden, Cliff Walsh, Ed and Corley Marsalis, Danny Warren, Tommy Cabell and a host of others whose names I can't recall right now. (I have had a couple of adult beverages.) I learned a lot watching the really good shooters and had the benefit of their coaching when they weren't shooting. Thanks to all of you.

It was also fun trading smack with Cliff and Danny and the rest. It kept the mood light.

Super thanks to Annette and Elliot Ayssen, Joe Touchton, Barbara and Gary Thibadaux (sp), Forest (I can't spell his last name), Denise Fox, Ed Kriger, the Durochers and all the rest who worked so hard to make the match what it was, and that was GREAT!

It was also great to meet a lot of fellow forum members and be able to put names to faces.

I hope to see a bunch of you here in Jackson is six weeks for the Miss. Classic. I (We) will try to make our match live up to this one. Same thing for the ICORE CUP in October.

It was great to see you all. :cheers:

PAT

Great Match, RO's, Shooters.

Thanks to all that made that such a great match, I hope to go back for the Gator Classic later this year.

Big news!!!!

Big change to Far and Near Standards at the IRC this Year, Ron W. announced that the par times for the Standards has been removed, so no more over time shots!

This should help out a lot of shooters!!!

Thanks

John

Thanks to all that made that such a great match, I hope to go back for the Gator Classic later this year.

Big news!!!!

Big change to Far and Near Standards at the IRC this Year, Ron W. announced that the par times for the Standards has been removed, so no more over time shots!

Thanks

John

With that said will the standards be scored as all other courses of fire as time used to complete, B 1 point, C 2 points, A 0 points and X's deduct from the total. Might as well just take the standards out as they will just be another course of fire with a little twist.

Big news!!!!

Thanks

John

With that said will the standards be scored as all other courses of fire as time used to complete, B 1 point, C 2 points, A 0 points and X's deduct from the total. Might as well just take the standards out as they will just be another course of fire with a little twist.

I feel the Standards are part of the IRC, They have been there as long as I have shot the IRC. I am not a big fan of changing them.

I have had the Standards help make most of my matches, but I have been hit with and over time shot and that hurts.

I have always said they need to bring the over time down to 5 seconds like the rest of the penaties.

But, I think this is a good fix to make the standards better for most shooters.

My 2 cents!

Hi everyone,

I had such a great time at my first ICORE match. Fun & challenging stages, great people and that wonderful southern hospitality... What can I say? I think I might be hooked on ICORE!

I managed to get some photos and video of shooters while I was there and put together a little montage. I apologize for the quality. When I converted to iMovie, the clips inherited some skips, but that just makes us all look faster, right? :) Here's the link:

Thanks again to Annette & Elliot and all the wonderful people who helped me get through the match. There are just too many to name!!!

I plan on posting photos soon too.

Thanks again!!!

Julie

I'll say it again: I think they should have a standards stage at every IRC, but vary it up each year and not reveal all the details ahead of time. That would make it more of a real test of true shooting ability under match pressure, and less of a function of how many times you have run the damn thing over and over on the practice range.

I have the same criticism of Steel Challenge and Bianchi. I think shooting matches should be about shooting skill, not about "muscle memory." Just my opinion.

Tough standards were the norm across the board in the past and we are moving to spray & pray but alas we forget the reasons for them, test fundamental skill sets. I agree with Mike, vary them and keep them quiet but talking to Ron W. they haven't made a significant statistical difference in final results over the years. But the results are public, we must all feel good about ourselves and public details are uncomfortable. The good shooters will still finish well and poor shooters will still do poorly but will now have less to whine about. I like F&N for the disaster factor. A couple of weekends ago I pooped on my score due to a mechanical malfunction, it drove home the point of proper maintenance and checking of one's equipment.

Big news!!!!

Thanks

John

+1

Must be true what they say about wheelgunners. Only time I heard any moaning is when Bubber didn't even shoot at one of the targets :)

Gonna see about shooting the ICORE Cup in Miss. and Rick's match in Ark.

Will post a link to the results when available.

I did not think anybody would be able to hear me uttering any disparaging words with you rolling on the ground laughing and hollering something about "payback being hell huh?" :roflol:

Even with that.. I had a great time. Good match , Great people and tough competition, :cheers: later rdd

I'll say it again: I think they should have a standards stage at every IRC, but vary it up each year and not reveal all the details ahead of time. That would make it more of a real test of true shooting ability under match pressure, and less of a function of how many times you have run the damn thing over and over on the practice range.

I have the same criticism of Steel Challenge and Bianchi. I think shooting matches should be about shooting skill, not about "muscle memory." Just my opinion.

The problem with that is that the people who put on the match are also shooters in the match. You create 2 classes of shooters. Those in the know and those not. Thanks to Bagakis for letting all of the shooters know about the change in the Standards, regretable as it is.

A couple of weekends ago I pooped on my score due to a mechanical malfunction, it drove home the point of proper maintenance and checking of one's equipment.

That is the point. You get to shoot it many times before the IRC. Most of the local icore guys shoot it everyday leading up to the IRC. Those who do not get to shoot it at all are at a huge disadvantage.

I think you will find that most of the shooters who want it in are the same ones who shoot it many times before the match.

Why not have it every other year? In the off year have a 60 round field course. That should even up things.

Hey forget the IRC for a minute. I haven't been, and probably at my age won't get to it. (Yes Cliff, I am old as you pointed out to everyone within earshot this week-end.) Let's talk about the Southern Regional.

Cliff, I got your butt on the standards. Thank you very much! :cheers::roflol:

It was a great match.

Discuss the standards elsewear.

Thanks Julie for the great video. I'm surprised the camera did not break filming Cliff. :surprise: Too bad you did not get a shot of his great shirt. Hope someone else did.

PAT

Oh I almost forgot "Congratulations to the winners of the Southern Regional" and long live the standards.

Great Match

Great the stages

Great ROs

Great Shooters

Great Prize table

Annette should be the Match Director for the 2010 IRC!!

I had a great time and enjoyed meeting many new and old friends.

Rich

I to had a great time I learned a few things and got LAUGHED AT bawana & Cliff and I even teared up a little as my start was little smelly and did not get much better ,but man we had fun the staff was great .The stages were awesome.I cant wait till next year . THANKS HOPE TO SEE YA LL SOON

Southern Regional Was great had lots of fun. It is great seeing the Juniors doing well also. First year for a Junior division.

Aaron Surgi - High Junior

and also

D Class

1 st place Aaron Surgi 14 (Little Snubby) and 3rd place Louis Surgi 13(Little FFL) Both Juniors

Great Job guys!!!!

Great match to all who worked on it.

Had great time seeing all my friends. Some where blurry towards the end of each day but great times as I remember.

Snubby (and by the way if anyone dose not know Aaron Surgi is my son and Louis Surgi is my nephew I am so Proud!!!!!)