Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Losing a favorite knife

p7fl

Carbine match Tuesday night, someplace between grabbing all the targets etc and shooting 3 stages lost my Emerson folding Karambit. It has been in my front pocket for 4 years.

Bummer.

Carbine match Tuesday night, someplace between grabbing all the targets etc and shooting 3 stages lost my Emerson folding Karambit. It has been in my front pocket for 4 years.

Bummer.

Maybe it will still turn up...

One of my friends skinned a deer and stuck his handmade knife (by a deceased friend) in the ground and left it at the lease - somewhere waaay out in the brush. "Several" years later, by some incredible circumstance, another hunter on the lease saw the antler handle still sticking out of the ground and found it.... found out who's it was and gave it back to Benny.... 1 in a million but it can happen.

Hope it happens to you.

well, it turns out i just misplaced my commander. my son wanted a knife, so we looked in another case for a knife around thanksgiving. i some how put my commander in that case and forgot about it. today i go back to that case for no reason, and guess what, there it is just laughing at me. oh well.

lynn

Was given my first good pocket knife when I was ten. It was a three inch folding Gerber. It went wherever I went until a year later when I was visiting a cousin. He coveted that knife and decided that he needed it more than I. Ten years later, while visiting my aunt, I was in her chicken coop and found the knife stashed in a strange place. It was rusted out except the blade. For the strangest of reasons I became upset as if it had just occurred. The knife was discontinued unfortunately. I have yet to enjoy the Kershaws that I carry as much as that little Gerber.

Even stranger is when I asked him about it he couldn't remember it. He was just five or six when he took it. I think he stashed it and then forgot where he left it. That just makes it worse as noone even got to enjoy that knife. It just sat there rotting away. :angry2: