Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

627-4 .38 super

6-shot

Don't know if it is the same gun, doubt it, but with the brass, dies, boolits and moonclip holders it's a steal. I have seen these go for $1,100 - 2,000 depending on what people want to pay for them.

Mike,

Yea I saw that 686 was in the store when they shipped it. Nobody we shoot with owned it.

Scott

My runnin' buddy has drawn a bead on the 627!

I bought one from Brian's classifieds back in the summer. Just happened on the ad about 6 minutes after it was posted.

I pm'ed, phoned, sent a smoke signal.....! It was a good deal, and came with a buncha stuff he didn't even list!

I don't understand why these things bring so much money.

They're OK I guess, but there's nothing a .38 Super 8-shot can do that a .38/.357 8-shot can't do just as well, for a lot less money.

There's only 500 of them. Dave

Even with that if its been shot it has lost a lot of its collector value in my opinion.

I don't understand why these things bring so much money.

They're OK I guess, but there's nothing a .38 Super 8-shot can do that a .38/.357 8-shot can't do just as well, for a lot less money.

There's only 500 of them. Dave

So that makes my 27-7 6.5" barrel #38 out of 100 unfired, my 627 6.5" barrel #78 out of 200 unfired, my 657 #89 out of 130 unfired and my 610 5" fired not sure how many were made but less than 500 worth well over $2000.00 each. If anyone out there will give me $2500.00 for any of them PM me any I will be happy to do business with you. Oh I do have #159 in the 627 but I made that into a 38 short colt. So technically that means there is only 199 left and the price just went up. Isn't it great to live in America and who says there is a recession going on.

:cheers::roflol: :roflol:

So that makes my 27-7 6.5" barrel #38 out of 100 unfired, my 627 6.5" barrel #78 out of 200 unfired, my 657 #89 out of 130 unfired and my 610 5" fired not sure how many were made but less than 500 worth well over $2000.00 each. If anyone out there will give me $2500.00 for any of them PM me any I will be happy to do business with you. Oh I do have #159 in the 627 but I made that into a 38 short colt. So technically that means there is only 199 left and the price just went up. Isn't it great to live in America and who says there is a recession going on.

Thought you wanted one of these:

Edited by Tom E

Thought you wanted one of these:

What do you have there?

As to why people want them I can only suppose for anyone else.....

But for me it was a reloading thing. I shoot the Master's and use 38Super in the

Action Event. Also use it for Open IPSC. I am no longer set up for .38 Special (like I was back

in the old days of PPC being the only game around!). I could still use the old RCBS Green Machine

but it still suffers the same shortcomings as in years past....

My time in the summer is at a premium....I farm!...so any shortcut I can take helps me, thus the thought

that a Super Revo would be just the ticket. The fact that I only paid $900 and got lotsa extras is beside the point.

Stipo

How do you like those Jordan Troopers?

I like 'em. They're on all my revolvers. Great if you have long fingers/hands. I order them unfinished and reshape them sligthly and finish them. The ones in the (lousy) pic are in progress.

Recently I have been shooting a S&W 327 JM with the alloy frame and titanium cylinder and titanium shrouded barrel. In my mind the perfect 8 shot evolver would have the follwing characteristics:

Stainless Frame

Titanium cylinder

Titanium shrouded stainless barrel

cal. 38 Super

The 38 Super moon clips are stiffer and have less flop than the 38/357 moonclips and the reduced weight of the titanium cylinder and barel shround would provide perfect balance and weight.

Edited by TonyT

The 38 Super moon clips are stiffer and have less flop than the 38/357 moonclips....

Good point if you're talking about generic moonclips.....although with Hearthco moonclips with matching brass, the .38 Short Colt solves that floppiness problem beautifully.

i am not sure whos 38/357 clips you have used or seen, but the gang i shoot with that use the hearth co. clips have much better fit in the 38/357 than my 38 super heathco clips. i use the the rem brass that dave reccomended. the super clips are thicker but the case is not shaped the same as the 357. all the heath 357's i have seen are TIGHT and have no flop at all, all the supers i have seen and used have some flop. there is no way to make the supers fit perfect without the speedsticks that i know of because of the shape of the case. Mike, how long are the short colt cases compared to super cases? i might be looking into a 8 shot 357 for a limited gun since i cant afford another super, this 38 super economy is killing me. $1630 for a used gun is silly. =(

Scott

Edited by scottyinAZ

I have not been able to get the desired accuacy out of 38 colt cases. I purchase the Ranch Products moonclips for ca. $75 per 1000 so I am not concerned about someone stepping on one and ruining it during a match.

[quote name='TonyT' date='Dec 23 2008, 09:01 AM' post='879463']
I have not been able to get the desired accuacy out of 38 colt cases. I purchase the Ranch Products moonclips for ca. $75 per 1000 so I am not concerned about someone stepping on one and ruining it during a match.
[/quote]

TonyT, That is why some people have gone to the 38 Long Colts. Not because it is closer to the forcing cone but because it give a little more case volume for powder. IMHO it is a case of barrel, bullet and powder combination. Your revo might need a little more powder to get the right velocities for what you want so the extra case capacity may help (by using the same or different powder) and still get a short enough case for easier reloading. Hence the 38 super round for the revo. It gives a little more room for powder and gives a bigger range for the desired velocity. Different powders giving the same velocities can give different a feel for each revo...(felt recoil) :ph34r: Back in Lurker mode....later rdd

i am not sure whos 38/357 clips you have used or seen, but the gang i shoot with that use the hearth co. clips have much better fit in the 38/357 than my 38 super heathco clips. i use the the rem brass that dave reccomended. the super clips are thicker but the case is not shaped the same as the 357. all the heath 357's i have seen are TIGHT and have no flop at all, all the supers i have seen and used have some flop. there is no way to make the supers fit perfect without the speedsticks that i know of because of the shape of the case. Mike, how long are the short colt cases compared to super cases? i might be looking into a 8 shot 357 for a limited gun since i cant afford another super, this 38 super economy is killing me. $1630 for a used gun is silly. =(

Scott

The problem with the 38 super is that the gun was designed for a .035 moonclip. I have made and used .040 moonclip and the rounds hold great. Not to many have been willing to re-cut the cylinder for the thicker moonclip.