Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why I love gun shows

GentlemanJim

Nice gun show this weekend :cheers:

Saturday was standing room only, The regulars..the Sharks ..the plain old gun lovers and all stripes in between.

We didnt jack prices..so we sold about all the AR15s we had, kinda good ...kinda bad as we will not be able to replace them anytime soon.

The Shark Lady as I call her was trying to sell GI Ar mags for $35.00 :wacko: ...she didnt do too good :roflol:

One guy was selling used GI mags for $6.00...he sold a BUNCH!!

I saw a $500.00 Beta mag...giggle...but I was able to buy one for $20.00 over wholesale...good as they are unavailable right now.

The BOOTIE :cheers:

Rusty P08 Luger $100.00

Pristine 1916 PO8 luger in 9mm...$450.00..it went home with an expert Buddy to get the once over.

Dirty little 25cal auto shoots good $5.00

model 1900 nickel revolver in excelent condition (relic) $15.00

Junky little 22 revolver..only got it because I used to see them as prizes at the state fair shooting gallery when I was a boy...$5.00

Colt series 70 9mm slide, bomar cut shortened...with reverse plug...$ 40.00

I saw tons of good deals ..but I did not have much cash to spend :(

I love gun shows :rolleyes:

JimPICT0020.jpg

My best all time deal at a gun show was the following.

I was getting ready to leave the gun show because it was only a few minutes before closing time for the last day of a two day weekend gun show. I saw a much older gent struggling with a cardboard box which was apparently heavy and it was at least 3 foot square. I offered him and hand sitting it on the floor off his table.

The top was open and I noticed that there entire box was stuffed with holsters. I asked him if he had much luck selling them and he said that he'd only sold one holster in two days (he was there to sell knives). He told me that a menber of his local shooting club had passed away and that his widow had sold all his guns.... then she found this big box of holsters....which she sold to him. The problem was.... that he had no idea what guns the holsters were for were for.

I told him I was a pistol instructor and handgun competitor and might be able to figure out what they would fit. He said ..."Buddy if you want them you can have the whole damn box for $3.00 a holster.... which is just what I paid for them"..... "I'm just tired of hauling them around". I dumped the box on the floor and immediately knew I had struck gold... They were all in excellent shape, from major manufacturers, and all were defensive type holsters other than one double western rig. I counted the holsters and paid him the $120.... he was owed.

It took me more than a week on the www, calling manufacturerers, and even taking a bag of holsters to a large gun shop to determine what gun they fit.

I ended up with 3 like new Galco horizontal shoulder rigs, 3 Galco belt holsters, and one Kramer IWB unit and Safariland leather holster which I retained. I figured that their replacement value was at least $800.

The other 32 were sold on eBay over that Winter for somewhere just over $1,100. :cheers:

The gun shows around here are really light on guns, really heavy on junk knives, jerky, t-shirts, books, and assorted crap that didn't sell at the yard sale. I have stopped going too, haven't been to a good gun show in years.

Best show I've been to was a little firehall in Jefferson, MD. Tons of old military rifles there, not many commando types. I bought a Mauser 6.5 Swede for $100. Whoever had it before had started to "sporterize" (ruin it) but it shoots fine and does have a Timney trigger. Come to think of it, that's the last good gun show I've been to. :(

When Jim titled the thread "Gun show bootie" I just figured he saw another one of those trashy female types throwing her boobs in Jims face, and maybe Nancy slapped the living crap outta him. :surprise:

Wasn't that something about puppies and a basket? :roflol: